News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Started by pepfalcon, 2014-10-02 08:59

Previous topic - Next topic

pepfalcon

hello guys. glad to be a new member of your site. i don"t know much about computers and posting and pictures. my son james potter helps me with that. i am working on a 1957 victoria 2 door hard top that i bought from glen henderson a few years ago. powered by a 98 mark 8 dohc engine. i have been looking in on this site for a couple of years, and it is the place to go for info on 57 fords. i have used a lot of the information from you guys on my car. thanks for letting me join. phillip.

JimNolan

Welcome Phillip, we've all probably heard of you. James is proud of your accomplishments. As far as the computer thing goes, you'll get the hang of it and someday wish you hadn't. lol Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Zapato

Welcome, the computer doesn't bother me as much as the cellphone.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

pepfalcon

jim nolan and zapato. i am not computer savvy, and i have the simplest basic cellphone they make. i"m a dinosaur in this hi tek age. i do all work on my cars. they are drivers, not show cars. if they get damaged, i fix them. i do like the later model engines and fuel injection, etc. that is why i modified my 57. i hope to get lots of help and ideas from members . thanks.

Zapato

the computer is a learn as I want devise and my wants are limited, lots of support available from younger ones around me. the cellphone is like a dog leash and an annoyance that unfortunately is necessary these days. think it embarrasses my gran daughter every time I flip open my also very basic cell phone open in public.

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

JimNolan

Quote from: Zapato on 2014-10-02 10:42
Welcome, the computer doesn't bother me as much as the cellphone.

Phillip, Believe me, don't get one of those smartphones. I did and would give anything if I had my little flip phone back. It's a computer that makes all kinds of sounds when you get e-mail, messages, facebook or weather reports. I got one because the guys I go to car shows had one and said I'd like it. I found out they had smartphones just so they could sit and play with them and not have to talk to me. lol PS. they take good pictures though.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

JPotter57

Glad you're finally on, Dad..
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Frankenstein57

Welcome Phillip, car looks nice!! :wav:

hiball3985

Welcome Phillip, from another semi computer challenged member, I still don't have a cell phone, gps or any of the other toys and probably never will. Your project 57 looks great.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

sprink88

Welcome Phillip. So tell us how you got that wide 4.6 in there
~Chris

Ecode70D

Phillip
    The pictures that James posted of your car look real good.  You did a good job on that body.  It's real slick.
    Keep up the good work and tell James to post more pictures of your car and your progress.  We like pictures.
Jay   

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: pepfalcon on 2014-10-02 12:12
jim nolan and zapato. i am not computer savvy, and i have the simplest basic cellphone they make. i"m a dinosaur in this hi tek age. i do all work on my cars. they are drivers, not show cars. if they get damaged, i fix them. i do like the later model engines and fuel injection, etc. that is why i modified my 57. i hope to get lots of help and ideas from members . thanks.

Mr. Potter I am with you on all of that!  My cell is a trac phone, it sits on the coffee table with a dead battery most of the time, no sat nav, no sat radio, do have Dish and love/like the EFI and I don't tweet, twerk or message! 

Welcome aboard.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hotroddonnie

Welcome Phillip! Love your 57 build.

Jeff Norwell

Welcome Phillip, Your 500 is delicious!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

JPotter57

It's the right color too, Jeff...any color as long as it's black. 
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.