News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

headliner

Started by rmk57, 2008-09-23 21:38

Previous topic - Next topic

rmk57

Anybody know of a good suppiler for a headliner for a 70A ?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

JPotter57

a cloth one would be nice.  The only ones available now are the vinyl perforated ones.  They claim to be original, but all the `57s I have ever had have had the cloth type headliner.  I bought one for my last `57 ($50 or so), and since then, I have only seen the vinyl ones($150).  Whats up?  I want the original style cloth headliner, not some overpriced cob job being passed off as OEM style...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Lou

The headlines must of differed with the assembly plant, as the 2 63A 57 hardtops I've own both had a vinyl perforated headlines, One car was built in Marwar, NJ, the other in Somerville, MA. The 63B hardtop I had built in Somerville had a cloth headliner.

JPotter57

That is probably the case Lou, I hadn't thought of that.  My `57s came from Atlanta, Kansas City and the one I have now came from Dallas.  It may have been different vendors from different zones.  I have seen several others with a plaid type fabric headliner, where mine have been solid gray, black, or white.  My current `57 had a white one, actually off white, with grey interior. 
By the way, in the above post, I meant original style, not that vendors are trying to sell them as NOS or originals....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

rmk57

I have no idea what should be in there, as this is the first 57 I've owned and it came without a headliner.
If the perforated vinyl is the only type available then I'll have settle for that I guess. Where's a good place
to buy one?

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

smurfee

GENTELMAN, read your talk about a head liner & remembered about 12 ? years ago I ordered a new liner from a store in CHICAGO, ILL. for $59.95 ( they no longer have them ) - it is light blue cotton with a seperate piece to cover your visors I have a fordor custom & they sent a liner for a farlane & it would not fit my car & they would not take it back. I looked among some 57 ford stuff I have & there it was still in the original box with the original invoice, anyone interested?? SMURFEE :icon_bigsmurf: :unitedstates:
NEVER LOOK BACK

skip54

hey smurfee, is it a 2 or 4 door headliner. if it is a 2 door and will fit a ranchero i'm interested. please let me know.  thanks   skip

smurfee

SORRY, it is for a fordor,SMURFEE :icon_bigsmurf: :unitedstates:
NEVER LOOK BACK