Ford Part # B7TZ-9122404-A Exterior Door Handle. What year does it fit?

Started by KYBlueOval, 2020-08-22 12:14

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I recently bought some '57 parts and in one of the tubs of parts, was a Ford Service Parts Box with this information on it

B7TZ-9122404-A  Door Hdl.  O/S  W/ATTG. Parts

It is exterior door handle but it is not for a '57. It is slightly different. So my question to the Forum is.......What does it fit?
I tried a Google Search, and got nothing. Hoping some one here on the Forum has a parts resource that can identify the application.
As always, Thanks for your help.
John

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

KYBlueOval

Thanks for the reply and information, but I'm not sure it is correct. The piece I have has a round hole for the push button and the piece you show has s a rectangular push button and the part numbers are different. The overall design of the two handles is different as well.
Again, I appreciate your reply.
Thanks
John

djfordmanjack

mustang6984

I just put the part number you posted into a search engine, and that gave me multiple options to look at. So I have  plead guilty to not looking at it very thoroughly.
I wonder if you were to call your local Ford dealer on Monday and give them the number if they could identify the part for you? If it is still a good part number (active) they should be able to answer the question. Just a thought. (ME...thinking...on a Saturday no less!  :003:  )
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

lalessi1

Doesn't the T mean truck in the part number... B7A=car, B7S=Thunderbird?
B=50's, B7 means it is a '57 part. My guess is a '57 truck door handle.
Lynn

KYBlueOval

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2020-08-22 14:26
I just put the part number you posted into a search engine, and that gave me multiple options to look at. So I have  plead guilty to not looking at it very thoroughly.
I wonder if you were to call your local Ford dealer on Monday and give them the number if they could identify the part for you? If it is still a good part number (active) they should be able to answer the question. Just a thought. (ME...thinking...on a Saturday no less!  :003:  )

Good thought! I'll do that On Monday.
Thanks

thomasso

57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

KYBlueOval

Quote from: thomasso on 2020-08-22 18:50
57 thru 60 truck.

Thomasso, Thank you for your reply. I checked several of the vendors that do Ford Truck parts, and you are CORRECT.
The part number these vendors use is different, but the photos say it is the same as what I have.
They list the application as  '53-'60 Ford Truck F100-F350
As always this Forum, with its vast knowledge, comes through
THANK YOU!
John