News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Aerostar springs

Started by Alex L., 2012-05-03 23:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex L.

Ok, so in the process of getting my car ready for the summer driving season i redid the front suspension and have included an aerostar spring swap. Everything fit just fine and looked like it would lower the front end quite a bit.

The only problem being that it looks like it actually raised the front end!

I don't have the engine bolted in yet but it is sitting on the butchs mounts that i have and the front suspension is still way high up in the air. It actually looks rather strange.

as soon as i have some decent pics i will post them, but this is a pretty weird thing. The springs were a full 2" shorter than the factoyr springs and the wire looked to be about the same diameter. At this point i am probably just going to bolt everything in, align the suspension and drive it but it is still pretty odd.

Frankenstein57

Alex, are you running the stock spindles? Also is the engine, trans, and running gear all in the car?  Mark

Alex L.

Stock spindles.

And yes, engine and tranny are in the car. I have been slowly adding accessories such as the water pump and alternator, but that is minimal weight compared to the engine.

Still don't know what's up

gasman826

...and the battery, and the coolant, and the hood, and the pulleys.  Keep adding stuff and that front end will come down.