News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

injected fuel lines

Started by len, 2012-11-25 08:31

Previous topic - Next topic

len

am in the process of setting my 302 in the frame. it came from a 1991 crown vic.got a couple questions.the aod trans from the 1991 crown vic has electronic speedo. can i use it??.i am using the complete wiring and ecm from the crown vic.also will i have shifting issues cause my diff ratio ia 3.56.another question i have is about the ford fuel line connectors with the springs in em.do i have to use the fuel lines from the crown vic and re bend em or can u just connect the ends than bent some strait lines the direction i want and use line ferrels to connect em to the ford fuel line ends or can i make my own fuel lines from scratch and have the spring loaded connectors attached.??len

Ford Blue blood

Len the 302 EFI I installed in a 66 Falcon anchero used all stock Ford stuff.  The lines fron the tank to the engine came out of a Crown Vic, they were the perfect length, just had to re-bend and straighten to fit.  Used the stock Vic fuel filter and it's bracket.  Used the Vic inertia switch and relay.  Used the Vic fuel pump in the stock Ranchero tank, had to weld in the fitting for the pump assembly.  The stock Ranchero speedometer gear bolted in to the AOD.  Your rear ratio is perfect (IMHO) for the AOD.

Get the wiring diagrams from HELM, Inc. for the donor vehicle.  There is a bunch of stuff that can be eliminated from the wiring harness, that is a speed density system and works very well.  The harness will break down to a four wire hook-up.  12V, 12V start, 12V run and ground.  You will need to find the fuel pump control line as well.  Good grounds are mandetory.  Be aware, the stock ignition switch in the Vic opens the 12V run when in the start position, (12V start is now hot), and closes (makes hot) the 12V run after the switch is returned to the run position.  This can be accomplished in the early electrical system with a single relay.  I will post a diagram if you want to do that.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

len

a diagram would be awsome.i have been looking foreward to doing this swap and i kinda enjoy wiring so dont think it will be too big of a problem but would appreciate a diiagram.len

Ford Blue blood

Here ya go.  This is just for the 12V run and start to the computer.  Your 12V keep alive must be wired directly to +12V.  If you have it on a disconnect switch or remove the battery for what ever reason the computer gets dumb, it loses all it's data.  It takes between 30 to 70 start and run cycles (cold to heat soaked) for it to fine tune and learn for the best running.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

lowrider

As far as the fuel lines go I would use the lines off the donor vehicle & bend them to fit like Ford Blue Blood suggests. Unless you have a kit to make a splice in the factory lines I wouldnt try splicing them. Even with a kit they are a pain in the ass to splice. If any of the springs in the fittings are rusted or damaged I would replace them. That system will pump out close to 100psi before the regulator. Can make a big mess to say the least.