News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

old friends and no time

Started by wildhog, 2012-10-23 19:28

Previous topic - Next topic

wildhog

Old friends, Having just returned from Carlisle and Hershey, I was sad to hear of the passing of so many of my old friends, not really close friends, but you know the guys that always take the time to look you up and spend some time with. We have lost one of our suppliers (Mort Burton) a long time friend of mine. And a few weeks ago I lost one of my Y-block racer friends(Sam Alex) and today I learned of the passing yesterday of Richie Hudson another of the Y-block racers. I had spent Labor day weekend with both Sam and Richie. I guess what I am trying to say,is enjoy ever day with your old friends, try harder to get your cars and enjoy them, and consider going to a few events. that you think are a little bit to far away, or I don't know any one and don't know how I will be treated when I get there. Don't put it off to next year, there may not be a next year. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest and God Bless. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

JPotter57

I totally agree with you, Tom..  I am relatively young in this hobby, at 45, but even guys my age and younger are dropping out.  Little more than 1/5 of my graduating class already gone.  We aren't promised tomorrow, fellows.  I'll do my best to get around and see/meet as many of you guys as I am able to, I will be on the west coast some in the next several months for work, so I will do my best to meet up if I can.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

glen b henderson

Tom, you are so right. My best friends brother in law was out in his driveway working on his truck last week. Two young dope heads ( not what I would call them if I could see them face to face) pulled up to the curb, jumped out to rob him. When he told them he didn't have any thing they shot him three times, he died on the way to the hospital. He was 59 yrs old.
Freedom is not Free

Frankenstein57

Wow, that wouldn't be my chosen way to leave the planet. I hope they get those bastards. Anyone here watch Dexter on showtime? That's how you deal with lowlife like that.  Mark

xsilencex

damn sorry to hear that. i usually don't carry in my front yard but that may need to change.

57 Ford Kustom

People like that are safer in jail around my parts, Hunting accidents you know. They happen all the time!
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

kiwi ragtop

Hi Tom sorry to here about your good friends. One thing I always try to remember when I have lost someone I enjoyed spending time with. Its much better to have known them and lost them, than not meet them at all. I realise this is small comfort at this time. I would like to endorse your statement about attending as many events as you can. We travel to the USA for car events as much as we can and have never had a bad experience. We have meet some wonderfull people and made some good friends. What I would say is that it strechers the budget but I dont really care. life is for living not sitting in your rocking chair when your 80 thinking I wish I did that or went there.

Our thoughts are with you
Allan Julie
New Zealand

len

yup.life is hard. wear a helmut.len

Jeff Norwell

Yea.. lost about 4 good ones in the last year...... really sucks
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

Jeff...good to hear from you...it's been a while. Unless I missed something you had posted, I was wondering how your wife was doing, and was also wondering if your '57 was still down here in my neighborhood.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Jeff Norwell

Yea Rich... life has been very busy..and my wife Cindy is all healed and doing well.Thank you.
Yes.. the 57 is still in the Panhandle...... getting time to fetch seems to be a very tight problem.Saying that.....I just need a week or so to get it.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com