News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Fairlane Fan Shroud update

Started by chapingo17, 2017-11-21 16:01

Previous topic - Next topic

chapingo17

I decided to go ahead and install a fan shroud. Love it, temperature stability improved. Simple test if you place a piece of paper or you hand with a fan shroud you can fell can actually fell the air going thru the radiator core. I would highly recommended.

wv 57s forever

where did you get it?  Stock rad?

chapingo17

A friend and me custom made the fan shroud.

59meteor

Jerrys Classic Cars lists a fan shroud for 57-59 Fords. Anybody ever try one?
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

JimNolan

I hope it works out for you. My 57 couldn't idle in traffic very long with a new Cool Craft Opti-Flow radiator and Thunderbirds-West radiator fan shroud. That was with a 270hp 390. The ABS plastic fan shroud got hot and the top drooped down into the fan sitting in traffic at the Gulf Coast Cruise. I finally went with a Griffin Aluminum 2 row radiator made for the 57 Fairlane w/FE engine and placed a six blade metal fan 3/8" from the radiator core. I've seen it sit for 15 minutes idling in 105 degree heat in the staging lanes at National Trail Dragway without going over 195 degrees.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

chapingo17

That's why u go metal fan shroud.