News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

292 valve cover decoration

Started by Swank, 2017-11-18 19:58

Previous topic - Next topic

BP57CUSTOM

Swank ! That's exactly what I'm talking about. Have you got them printed yet?
Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

That looks very cool indeed !

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2017-11-21 07:07
I think we need to send G a can of black paint and decals for Xmas  :003:

Thx Jim, but I think I have collected about every Y block decal set, ever used on them. I even have a set of chrome covers and a set of og ones, freshly powder coated black. Even a set of M E R C U R Y lettered and chromed originals, along with a set of og Offenhausers. I just can't get myself to put them on the all og paint engine in the CS... :003:....

Ecode70D

Looks like I'm going to have to dump my very incorrect rocker covers and start searching for a set of steel ones.  I need to be prepared for when the new T R decals come out.  Might have to invest in some argent paint for the air cleaner also.     

Swank

I used to do commercial graphics for one them large telco companies for about a decade.   Fonts are different, but i kinda like the "special" font a bit more than the original for this application, ...it's a little zippy'er. 
Dont know where to get high heat decals printed.  What kind of heat are we looking at dealing with on them things anyways? 
If anybody knows of a printer, i can supply industry standard files in their preferred format.  In meantime, i'll check around just for fun.
-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

Rowen55

If your taking orders I'll take a couple sets! Those are toooo koool fer schooool !!

hiball3985

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2017-11-22 08:02
Thx Jim, but I think I have collected about every Y block decal set, ever used on them. I even have a set of chrome covers and a set of og ones, freshly powder coated black. Even a set of M E R C U R Y lettered and chromed originals, along with a set of og Offenhausers. I just can't get myself to put them on the all og paint engine in the CS... :003:....
That reminds me, I have a set of the chrome covers I would like to paint black. Do you have a home brew for removing chrome?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Jim
    Massachusetts has something for removing chrome.    It's the stuff that they spread on the snow and ice in the winter.   It also removes body panels and frames.  HAHA   

djfordmanjack

hahaha.... we got lots of that as well.  :003:

you could leave them outside, but honestly - these aftermarket rocker covers are really flimsy and will even get thinner with the chrome removed. also they don't have the inner strip to hold the gaskets in place. Not even worth trying to strip the chrome and painting them. They do look good on the wall or on the shelf.
Original Y block valve covers are still plentyful. on ebay all the time, or I am sure somebody here on this forum will come up with a decent set.
I did chemically strip my og set and had them powdercoated. on this set I used the 1956 decals because of their chrome looks.
Sorry for partly highjacking your thread Swank, but I think it's somewhat on topic.
here's some variations and my final version.

Swank

No issues at all.  Valve covers, ...the fancier the better.

Your OG 292 photo solidified my decision on the decal, as my covers were 90% rusty, they had to get redone.
-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)