News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Looking for 57 ford parts in Columbus Ohio

Started by mdh7475, 2017-11-13 09:39

Previous topic - Next topic

mdh7475

I just recently purchased a 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 Sunliner that I found in an auction in Southwestern Ohio.  The car is in decent shape, but I am missing a few moldings and exterior parts.  I was curious if anyone who might have parts for this model car would be attending the Ford swap meet in Columbus Ohio the weekend after Thanksgiving.  I plan on attending and would definitely be interested in spending some cash!!   Thanks in advance,

Mark H

RICH MUISE

Welcome to the forum, Mark. We like pics! Also, it may help to post exactly what you're looking for. Don't forget to check out list of salvage yards that have '57 Fords and may have what you're looking for. Jerry's in Arkansas specializes in soft and hard top convertibles, not sure if they sell used parts, but worth a call.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mdh7475

Thanks Rich,

Specifically what I am looking for are the driver and passenger door moldings that surround the gold trim pieces, and both side rear quarter molding pieces that start right behind the doors and match up with the long moldings that are on top of the fins.  Also looking for a pair of matching rear view mirrors (these are mounted on the doors, not on the front fenders),  and a window crank.

SkylinerRon

The left outside mirror was not standard on 57's so you see many different mirrors on them.

The hooded mirror was generally installed on the fender.

dennis-carpenter.com sells a nice round mirror that will work on the doors.

Ron.

chapingo17

At one point I saw an old 57's commercial showing a 57 ford custom 300 that had a factory installed rear view mirror mounted on the driver's door.

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

SkylinerRon

The left outside mirror was OPTIONAL on 57's, so was the RH and the day-night inside.

Rich, sometimes I think a second left hand would be useful on this old iron!

Happy Turkey,

Ron.