News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Chrome trim

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2011-03-28 16:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

OK, I know this is not a 57 part.....but......I am hitting all the guys that may know of a 1960 Ford full sized wagon in a yard, and knows what it looks like......I am looking for the fin chrome, the left rear piece that ties the fin side stainless to the curl on the tail gate, it is a pot metal piece and is held on with three nuts (I think three) and is wagon only.  I have hit many of the suppliers listed in Hemmings, the Galaxie Club guys, several ebay listers and no response.  The 60 was a fairly ugly duckling, not many of them were kept or treated well because of this, but I have a 2dr wagon that is to become our long run car, (it will hold all the stuff my wife must take along for her disability) and still be a kool car.

Bubba and Jerry Kars I would send my kid to the place on 29 but they are not motor heads in the least and their life is VERY busy (she is with child again) and it would be very hard for them to spend the time looking never mind having the tools to take it off should there be one there.

So guys, in your yard roaming keep an eye out for a 60 wagon and that piece if you would please.  If you find one, get it, I don't care if I end up with a half a dozen, matter of fact get both sides if they are there.

Thanks much, Bill
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Bill...I suspect the 2 drs and 4 drs have the same part?? I'll keep an eye out and search my junk yard photos to see if I can find one in the background.  Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Yupper, all wagons have the same part, should have said that earlier.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Ford Blue blood

Found one guys....Collector Auto Parts in Colorado....nice guy....Ford man all the way....just not 57s right now.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero