News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Report from La Verne, CA Cool Cruise March 22, '08

Started by robhaerr, 2008-03-23 12:19

Previous topic - Next topic

robhaerr

What a perfect early spring t-shirt/shorts day in Southern California for a car show! I threw on my most-appropriate Rat Fink tshirt and headed out. There were 3 57 T-birds, 1 black Custom 300, and this 57 Ranch Wagon. The wagon looked the best. I rushed over to see what engine was installed...I was disappointed, but now I don't feel so bad. I was looking at 351W motors in other cars and hoping to see a Ford motor for ideas. This one has a Chevy 350, too. The motor sits higher than mine and has a front sump oil pan so the steering linkage is where it should be. It has the gearheads-type 602 power steering box, but the owner says it has some issues. Her husband wasn't there to explain "the issues". The shirt...then the wagon...Anyone else there? Over 1000 NICE cars, many of them unreal!

JPotter57

Gawd, why do people feel the need to foul up a perfectly good Ford with Bowtie power?  I swear, one day, I will build a `55-57 Chev with a 351 W in it just to see how many people I can piss off at one time.  </rant>
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

Holy cow!  Check out the new Pop Hot Rodding mag...`68 or `69 Camaro with a twin turbo small block Ford...I love it...Thing will top out at 190+ it says...Turn about is fair play I guess :deadhorse:
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.