News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

c-4 transmission vibration dampener

Started by alltin33, 2021-07-27 06:44

Previous topic - Next topic

alltin33

WTB C4 transmission vibration dampener .The one I need has 2 mounting holes and the other has 3 mounting holes I prefer the 2 mounting holes. pm me let me know what you have. all c4 trans had one on the tail shaft.  Let me explain  MY 57 has a 312 y-block and has c-4 trans now the transmission vibration dampener is installed at the factory the was to keep resonance noise down when driving 
35  to 60 most trans shops left them off  and threw them  away. I had friend chase the noise for over 2 years and several things he had changed from radiator to rearend  all the time it was this small part.

cokefirst

Thanks!  I saw those on cars back in the day but had no idea of the reason for them being there.  I appreciate the education, Dan
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

Rancher

I thought that was a handle to make the transmission easier to handle at a parts yard. lol

The most commonly discarded part ever... now try find one.

Interesting, looks like it may have originally been a thrifty build, reutilizing "clips" left over from some other operation.