News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Stop em and drop em Disc brake conversion kit

Started by JRWASH, 2012-04-10 20:04

Previous topic - Next topic

05gt

Rich, any word on drop-n-stop still being up and running? I was just looking last week at their site again last week as I want to do the conversion later this summer. Maybe time to go to plan b??? (once i get a plan b that is, lol!)

gasman826

RICH MUISE

I forgot to try and call him..old age setting in..crs...I'll try to get it done tommorrow.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

I talked to Dave @ drop n stop today at length....The business is alive and doing well as always, and in fact he checks in on this forum occasionally and had seen the post JRWASH did wondering if the business was still alive, and was thinking of trying to become a member so he could respond to the "rumor" and also answer any questions that may arive concerning  brakes, spindles or systems. So, fortunately for us  Dave  and drop n stop are alive and helpful as always, and I for one think he'd be a great member to have "on tap".
Don't forget his link can be found on our "Supplier, Service, and Parts links" list.
Rich

JRWASH

I also talked with Dave this morning (he called me), probably should have called him first.  He sent me a file with new and improved directions, so hopefully I will get them together soon!  Thanks Dave and everyone else, I'll try and get some pics up of the final product.  JR
1957 Fairlane 500 63A  Starmist Blue & Colonial white was originally a 312 A/T 4bbl dual exhaust car, Engine & Trans long gone and dropping in a 390/C6 combination.

robhaerr

I talked to Dave the other day, too.

He told me that his spindles will not work unless you use his brake rotors. Seems other rotors won't fit.

Bummer...so I am getting 2" drop springs from Eaton Detroit Springs to replace the cut coil springs I have. Hope the ride height is close to what I have had. I was told that 1 1/2 coils were cut from the original springs...so it should be close.

I bought rear leaf springs, shackle, bushings from them a couple of years ago. Jamco hasn't returned my calls or emails. I was hoping to just pick them up locally from them.

Wagon is in the shop...probably a couple more weeks, then back to my place to get the motor runnin'...

See my latest update in the "Engine Swap" section in the "Project 302 update" thread...good look at Walden Speed Shop, too.

Rob

RICH MUISE

Perfect example of why I'd like to see Dave as a member here....I was under the understanding the rotors were stock Granada rotors that could be picked up at NAPA, Auto Zone, etc. I'm not sure what was meant by "his rotors"...are they remachined and or the spindle's spindle area remachined from stock Granada specs for some reason?

robhaerr

Rich...

...maybe they need to be Granada rotors to be the correct size to fit the spindles, not sure.

I am not sure what kit my mechanic at the time used, but it's not specifically Granada...just an aftermarket kit that works well. I had the brakes done about 5 years ago when I really didn't know what I know now....details, details.

I think the brake kit on my wagon is from MP (Master Power)... http://www.mpbrakes.com

Rob