News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Anybody know what this is?

Started by RICH MUISE, 2015-06-16 05:55

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Jay emailed me these neat pics to post and would like to know what it is. My guess...maybe an Australian Ute? They built alot of pickups based on passenger car frames and bodies. Another guess...Willys
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57redwhitered

1957 Skyliner

Ecode70D

Those pictures were taken of a 1940's news film that was being re-run  on television.  They were of a famous old blacksmith.  I was so busy taking pictures of the car that I missed his name. The only picture I got of him ,he was looking down.   Whatever it is, it sure is a nice looking vehicle.    Could it be a custom built Lincoln?   

Ford Blue blood

Hudson built a pickup that use their passenger car front sheet metal.  Saw one in person, an original with low miles.  While the pictures are kinda funny (streched side to side) I believe it is a Hudson.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

lalessi1

1941 Hudson pickup...close but no cigar????? Maybe....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNHVMq95LIw
Lynn

redshoes57

I'm Pretty sure its a Studebaker about 1940.

Zapato

my first guess was Hudson but think redshoes is right with Studebaker.

Zap- :unitedstates:

* and is that ever a gorgeous truck..............
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Thor

1939 Studebaker Coupe Express with a topper of some type?

Ecode70D

Redshoes57 and Thor......All I can say is WOW!!!!   That's the truck!   I never knew that Studebaker made such a cool looking truck in the 40's.  For some reason the old movie of the blacksmith on TCM shows the truck looking longer and lower.  But there is no doubt about that it is a Studebaker.
    Now all I need is a 10 year old to teach me how to shrink pictures so I can post them.
Thanks Jay

BP57CUSTOM

I'm glad that is solved, I thought it was a 1941 Lincoln Navigator.
Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor

djfordmanjack

I'd swear it was a Lincoln.
That Studebaker is a beautiful truck !

RICH MUISE

Jay...now's your chance!!....not a studebaker, but a Hudson pickup like some of the guys thought it might be, is up for auction at Mechum's-Denver next weekend.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

If it does not have a flathead or Y block in it, I'm not interested.   They still look nice though.