News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Cordless impact wrench

Started by rmk57, 2021-02-11 09:59

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

Stop by...I have a tire machine...
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Fairlane62

I bought a bag of Ryobi tools a few years ago at a Pawn Shop and I have used the 1/2" impact, 3/8" impact, reciprocating saw, and drill mercilessly.  I have the weaker 1/2 impact which is rated at 600 break away and 450 tightening torque and have not had any issues other than buying a couple new batteries.  Very handy at race track and with trailer flats.  Looks like the current version of my impact is $159 at HomeDepot.

rovohn

I have the Milwaukee M12 half inch impact,works great also have the cut off tool and the Hackzall
John :canada:
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery

CobraJoe

That Hackzall is a nice tool; it comes in real handy when you are cutting up a deer.  :icon_rendeer: :icon_rendeer:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

mustang6984

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2021-10-25 14:48
That Hackzall is a nice tool; it comes in real handy when you are cutting up a deer.  :icon_rendeer: :icon_rendeer:
[/quote
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                               Or preparing a PITA for disposal in the ocean... :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Quote from: Fairlane62 on 2021-10-24 23:39
I bought a bag of Ryobi tools a few years ago at a Pawn Shop and I have used the 1/2" impact, 3/8" impact, reciprocating saw, and drill mercilessly.  I have the weaker 1/2 impact which is rated at 600 break away and 450 tightening torque and have not had any issues other than buying a couple new batteries.  Very handy at race track and with trailer flats.  Looks like the current version of my impact is $159 at HomeDepot.
I've got a dozen or so Ryobi 18v tools, and like you said, the only issue is the batteries. A few weeks ago, my last two went bad at the same time, so went to Home Depot to pick up a couple. Price sticker shock!!! When did they go from 39 bucks to 99 bucks.........each! I went home and checked Ebay. Got two Ryobi batteries and a charger for 100 with free shipping. Be careful when looking Ebay though, as most advertised are not authentic Ryobies.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

I take my rechargeable batteries to the local Battery Mart.  They rebuild the outside with new internals.  Cheaper and great for obsolete batteries.

RICH MUISE

wow....had no idea they did that. We don't have a Baterry Mart that I'm aware of, but have Battery Joes and Battery Plus. Thanks for the info. I've got a 12v that was once a drill, but I converted it to a portable 12v power source for automotive use. works great when checking low amp stuff, but 12v batteries are almost impossible to find anymore.
The converted drill works great because you can hook everything up, then just use the switch to supply the power, and if it's a reversible drill, you can easily change the positive/negative without having to switch the wires. The conversion is easy...just remove the motor and hook up the leads instead.
obviously very lightweight, so great for trip to the salvage yard when you need a low amp source the check out stuff.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe