News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Largest Tire on a Stock 15" Wheel?

Started by Ford_Crazy, 2009-02-18 05:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford_Crazy

I currently have 15" stock style Ford steel wheels on my 57 Custom. I like the dog dish hub cap look.  Anyone experimented with the largest tire possible on these wheels?  I'm thinking a 225/70/15?? Thanks!

4banger

I run a 275/60/15 with dog dish 7" rim and there is no room to breath but no rubbbbbbing.

05gt

you run a 275 on a 7" rim? I had some 275's on a 8" once and i thought it was cutting it a bit to narrow.
Any pics of it? I'd like to see what it would look like from behind as i'm in the process of having wheels made as we speak. Still debating on tire sizes though.

4banger

I can't show you any pic's right now because I am in Florida right now for the winter. I am a PA. man in summer and Florida in winter. From the back the look is great. 7" pulls the side walls in just enough to get wheel well clearance. The tread lays flat. I took a chance and it worked out just fine. Compare 57's with the 8" look and you cannot tell the differance.

shopratwoody

I used to buy cheap used tires to figure it out sometimes. My Ranchero is not good example for
you with altered wheel openings. I went down to 255X60 instead of 275's. Didn't want to'burn the paint. It was so close when going out of a driveway on an angle. Not worth my paint job. My housing is also
narrowed 1 1/2" overall.I think you'll be best with 70 series
Ron :001:
I hate blocksanding!