News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

American Racing Torque Thrust Wheels on a 57 Custom?

Started by Ford_Crazy, 2008-12-27 09:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford_Crazy

I want to run American Racing Torque Thrust wheels on my 57 Custom.  They only have 3 3/4" backspacing, so I know I can't run really big tires.  I'll probably run 15" x 7s for the nostalgia look. Anyone have any experience with this wheel and tire combo on a 57 Custom?  Thanks!

briney

I have 7's on the front and 8's on the back on my ranchero.

Patrick / Dallas TX   :unitedstates:
If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

shopratwoody

I don't know about the newer bent spoke versions but the original one I have had a few sets through the
years. Not much room on the rear of your car in stock form. You'll be lucky to run 15X6's with maybe a 70
series tire would be the best. Just the thickness of the center makes it stick out like a wider wheel would.
My rearend has been narrowed 1 1/2" overall and the fender openings are modified so it's not a good example
for you. I run 6" with 0 offset on the front and 8 1/2 on the rear. 215X60 14's upfront and had 275's on the rear.
Just changed to 255X60's on rear. Was afraid of rubbing and burning paint when going in a driveway at an angle.
You have a little more clearance with Cragars and more with steel oem wheels due to the thickness of the center.
Hope this helps. I hear the new ones come from China. :unitedstates:
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

KidKourier

Running Torque Thrust II's on my Courier 15"x 7's with 225 x70 R 15 tires with the rear wheel well lips shaved 0ff,still leaves me with 3/4" gap to tire! Could probably go taller tire but not much wider,front is dropped 2" but have no clearance problems.Check out the gallery section under car shows and click on my Courier and get a visual.Looking at briney's Ranchero he has radius wheel wells so he can run wider rims without interferance,check out the topic on widest rim/tire combo,57Agin is running a wide tire on a Cragar rim on his Custom 300 and doesn't have a problem. Hope this helps you out! KID