News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

dash light socket for oil pressure or gen

Started by hiball3985, 2013-02-23 12:38

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

If if any of you gentle men have a spare light socket, it's the one with two wires.

Thank you
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Any luck?? I meant to post this last week...forgot..crs! I checked and I've got one, but it's on a reasonably good original  harness as far as I can tell. I kinda hate to chop the socket off it, but if you really get in a bind I will...unless I find somebody who can make good use of a free old wiring harness. let me know.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-03-04 18:18
Any luck?? I meant to post this last week...forgot..crs! I checked and I've got one, but it's on a reasonably good original  harness as far as I can tell. I kinda hate to chop the socket off it, but if you really get in a bind I will...unless I find somebody who can make good use of a free old wiring harness. let me know.
Thanks Rich, I did get one, actually two, from a local Mustang place, he has a lot of other Ford parts too. I should have posted I got one but forgot. I understand not wanting to cut up a good harness..
Thanks again Jim
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

CableguyJJS3

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-03-04 18:18

Rich,

I could really use that harness. My Ranchero had some burnt wires in it and I'm having little to no luck figuring out what's missing. And $500 for a new dash harness would kill my budget. Let me know. Thanks.   Jim cableguyjjs97@yahoo.com
Ban low performance driver's, not high performance cars.

RICH MUISE

Jim...the harness and headlight switch is in the mail...expected delivery is 4/15. I noticed the fuse on the headlight switch was blown...hmmm wonder what wasn't working because of that fuse instead of what I chalked up to just old stuff....gas gage, radio?? When I was driving the car I wasn't even aware of that fuse being there. Anyway..hope your not expecting too much...it is a 55 year old harness....looks good though except for the old cloth covering. I have tags on most of what I disconnected saying what they go to...not sure why, I never intended on reusing it, but maybe it'll help.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

If I remember correctly the fuse is only for the dome light..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

CableguyJJS3

Anything that can help me not burn my car down will be helpful, I appreciate you sending me the parts. And if I'm reading my books correctly the fuse is for the interior lights but either way I can make it work. Thanks again.
Ban low performance driver's, not high performance cars.

Frankenstein57

Personally I see no reason that you can't use the old harness, just go over it with a fine tooth comb. Check all your wires, replace any damaged ones. Look for wires that were over heated. Add fuses to new circuits. Ford has a good color coat system, its hard to screw it up with a good ford manual. I chose between a pair of harness's and pre wired the dash out of the car, tested it with a battery. My 57 which is a bit more hot rodded, will most likely have an aftermarket harness. Mark