News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

WTB: hand brake equalizer assembly, pull lever. see pic please

Started by djfordmanjack, 2015-10-26 15:37

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

I am looking for this lever, which is under the car. It increases the rear brake cable pull. the front hand brake cable that comes down from the dash goes into the 'spoon' shaped part. the lever is held to the transmission crossmember by the little pin on top. the threaded stud goes back to the equalizer assembly which distributes even force to LH and RH rear brakes drums.
I only need the lever, but if anybody wants to part with the whole assembly I will be happy too.
shipping could be directly to Europe, or to Jay ( Ecode70A) in Massachusetts, if that makes it easier. thank you.

lalessi1

Guenter, I have one for a 57 pick up that is close, I can send pics side by side if you'd like. I looked for a while to get the right one, my car had a 59 cross member to make things even worse....
Lynn

djfordmanjack

Lynn, that'd be great. could you post a pic of the two levers side to side ?

lalessi1

Here are a couple of pics. It is a little shorter and has a bigger curve, not as close as I remembered. Yours for the shipping if you want it.
Lynn

djfordmanjack

Lynn that sounds great, and the lever looks good. I want to use this in another application (34 Ford), so the exact shape of the lever doesn't matter so much. even better to know it came from a 57 pick up. it will perfectly work with the rest of the 57 psgr assembly that I will get from Jay. I will send you a pm.

lalessi1

The bar is actually from a '59 pickup, I forgot to mention that.... I am sure that doesn't matter though.
Lynn

Ecode70D

Lynn
   I'll PM you my shipping address and I'll send you the shipping cost also in US dollars.  Before Guenter left here to go back home, he left me with some money for assorted shipping cost.  I'll be putting a package together for him in a few days with other items and will be shipping everything off to Austria.  Jay

Ecode70D

Lynn
    The brake lever arrived today 11/02/15 by US-Postage.  I'm waiting for a couple other items and  will forward everything to  Guenter in Austria.
     There is no other site like this one where the guys take care of and help each other.   Many Many thanks   Jay   

lalessi1

My pleasure! Neat to think some of the parts I have had are across the world....
Lynn

djfordmanjack