News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Interior Window/Door Trim Molding Clip Update: Found a pair!

Started by KYBlueOval, 2019-12-29 09:38

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

The Ranchero I recently parted out had two of these clips that were on one of the doors. The other door had none. Located about 1/2 inch below the top of the interior side of the door,where the roll up glass is at its lowest point, and mount in a square hole The pile of parts that came with the Ranchero I'm building did not have any of these clips. It appears to me that the clips hold the bottom of the door trim/window molding in place along the length of the door panel
I need two of these clips.
Thanks
John

Ray

Restoration specialties should have them.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

RICH MUISE

John, if you're doing custom upholstery, especially with padded panels, you may not be able,or even need, to use them. I'm not using them on mine, but don't have a clue where they are. I still have lots of stuff in storage at the old house. No issues whatsoever with not having them there. I think they may just insure the wiper/anti-rattler on the backside of the garnish moulding is against the glass. That's a pretty strong moulding as it is.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

KYBlueOval

Rich...........Thanks for the information. The door panels will not be excessively padded, so I'd rather have the clips and not need them...........then ,need them and not have them.
Still need a couple. Anyone out there have a couple of these clips they will sell me?
Thanks
John

RICH MUISE

If no one responds with two, I should have one here, and if you're in no hurry.....may be a month or two.......I'll try to get to our old house and have a look around for my original ones. The one I should have here is off an extra driver's door I have. I threw all the small parts off it in a box, I'll go look after it warms up a bit later.

KYBlueOval

Rich, hopefully someone will come through with a pair,....... hopefully. I'm in no hurry, just one of those things that I'd like to check off my "Parts needed list". If no one responds, I'll be back to you in the Spring when it warms up.
Happy New Year Rich, and
Thank you,
John

RICH MUISE

I was thinking there was only one per door.......I have TWO here.......just as your initial post indicated there should be.
PM me your address and I'll get them mailed off to you. All ya owe me is a cup of coffee! Maybe someday we'll meet up at the Pate again.
PS.give us an update on your 'Chero.

KYBlueOval

Rich, yesterday I acquired a pair of these clips locally. So all is good. Thanks for your offer to send them. It is very much appreciated.
As to the Ranchero, work continues albeit at a slow pace. The exterior of he body ( firewall on back ) has been or is in the process of being blocked. The "Truck Bed" has been seam sealed with 3M 2K sealer ( Great Stuff ! ) and blocked. A long process I might add.
I've started restoring the Stainless Steel Trim that goes over the rear window and along the top of the truck bed. Another very slow process, but very rewarding when it is ready for actual polishing. I've never been a fan of sheet metal screws, so I have used Nut-Serts for all of the screw locations for the Stainless Steel Truck Bed Trim. Doesn't sound like much of a job, but some locations are really difficult and require some Shade Tree Engineering to get them in tight and angled correctly. Once that was done, I've been test fitting the trim before any polishing. A little bending here and there, with some tweaking to make it line up and sit down correctly, is the current job I'm working on.

I'll take some more photos soon and post them.

RICH MUISE

If I'm not mistaken, the two upper trim pieces at the corners of the roof are chrome....correct? I've heard of rare instances where those two pieces were also ss, but every Ranchero I've seen in salvage yards has had rusty upper corner pieces. We may have discussed this before.

Ford Blue blood

Rumor has it there were some stainless corners out there, never seen any, none have ever showed up on ebay, never talked to anybody that have/had them.

John, shot of the door with those clips in place.  Two per door.  The 500 I had had two (different size) as well.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

57chero

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, both of the upper corners on my ranchero are stainless.

KYBlueOval

Bill.........Thanks for the photo. I do appreciate it. Please look at my Tailgate Question under General Discussion, I posted a photo of what we talked about last evening.
'57 Chero..............I'm envious of those SS Corners. Do you know which assembly plant built your Ranchero? I have a Right Side, but need a Left.
Anyone reading this have a Stainless Left Side or know where I can find one?
Thanks
John

Ford Blue blood

I always thought they were made of unobtainium........
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II