News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Vernon show and cruise

Started by RICH MUISE, 2012-08-13 06:23

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I went down to the Vernon Show and cruise this past weekend...man, that town sure pulls out all the stops for that weekend (called "Summer's last blast"). I got to spend a few hours with Glen Large from Knox City. He's the one I had talked about a while back that at one time owned 70+ '57 fords....has his collection wittled down to a mere 54 now. The rose and white Fairlane 63b in the pic was built for his Grandaughter and sports a 390 - C6 combo. Note the unique windshield trim/raingutter. If all works out on both ends, I'll be meeting Glen at his museum in Knox City on Friday on my way to Abilene to pick up my niece, and hopefully I'll have some pics to post.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

TexasFordGuy

My Daughter would love for me to paint my 63B that color. 
1957 Club Victoria (63B)
1955 F100

RICH MUISE

He gave me the name of the color but I forgot..old age...sorry(why do I always blame things on old age...I've always forgotten stuff!)
Anyways, he did tell me it was a '56 color (or was it '55 ?). By the way, since a Texas guy posted that, if anyone is thinking of checking out that "57 Heaven museum an hour or so north of Abilene, it's not always open. His hours are as follows: "If I feel like going down and openin' her up, I do, when I don't I don't." He told me to call first when I wanted to go visit.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

cool57