News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

My mismatched pedals

Started by Ecode70D, 2013-01-11 13:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

"F7ORD like the no right arm rest.Power brakes is an odd one for sure with this striped down 57."

This is what they look like and will have to do for now.   Some day I may be lucky and find a better standard shift Swift Sure pedal.
Jay

RICH MUISE

power brake option not all that weird on this car if you think of the engine option it had. Obviously the original owner wanted to go fast AND stop fast.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Rich That's  exactly what I thought the PB on this car.   
The problem is that I don't know exactly where to drill the holes for the PB vacuum pan on top of the left inside wheel well.  I replaced mine with a rust free one.
   Any help would be appreciated.

The picture of my sunvisor delete is for Zap if you are lurking out there.
Jay

Ford Blue blood

There should be a flat spot there with two little nubs for the can.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ecode70D

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2013-01-11 16:13

Ford Blue Blood
     Tomorrow  I'm going to take a good look for the two nubs. 
      Will they be sticking up  or down? 
      Do the nubs line up with something on the can?
Thank you very much.  Jay

Ford Blue blood

Not sure on the up or down thing but they are the place for the studs to mount the can.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

lowrider

When I was in H.S. one of the guys & his dad fixed up a 57 Ford Ragtop w/a unique pedal setup. Dont remember what they used but the brake pedal hung lower than the clutch pedal. I still remember how excited he was describing it. When he finally showed up with the car the whole car was amazing. They did all the paint & mechanical work in their garage at home. I think it took about a week to cobble 2nd gear out of it. Ah the good old days!

Ecode70D

Quote from: lowrider on 2013-01-12 07:53
When I was in H.S. one of the guys & his dad fixed up a 57 Ford Ragtop w/a unique pedal setup. Dont remember what they used but the brake pedal hung lower than the clutch pedal. I still remember how excited he was describing it. When he finally showed up with the car the whole car was amazing. They did all the paint & mechanical work in their garage at home. I think it took about a week to cobble 2nd gear out of it. Ah the good old days!

Lowrider  It is sad to think about all of those wonderful  ideas and techniques  that are lost to time.  We should pass  on as much of our hobby to the younger people so that they can carry it on.
Jay

Ecode70D

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2013-01-11 16:13

Ford Blue Blood
    Thanks for you information on the nubs for the PB vacuum can.  They were there where you said that they would be.  That saves me a lot of grief.  It is one of those things that is kinda right in your face when looking under the hood and I wanted it lo look correct. Jay   

F570RD

Never saw that pedal combo.....cool

Ecode70D

Quote from: F570RD on 2013-01-13 13:11
Never saw that pedal combo.....cool

F57ORD
       I expect to have a lot of fun with those pedals at the car cruises when the car is done. 

You know how it is with some people that think they know everything and say this is wrong and that is wrong..

My favorite thing that I do with them is. I look to the left and then to the right and ask the person if he has his car here.   The answer is always "no" . Then I say...  "I wanted to see what a perfect car looks like".  They usually just walk away because they don't even have a car..   

57 Ford Kustom

My Dad would always say " You are right, do you have the money to give me to correct it?" LOL, nothing shuts them up faster!
Tim :unitedstates: 
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.