News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Linoleum for '57 wagon rear cargo area

Started by 57fordwagon, 2017-05-10 04:59

Previous topic - Next topic

57fordwagon

I'm getting ready to complete the restoration on my '57 Country Sedan wagon and I have a request...hoping somebody can help.  All the parts for the car are stacked in the back of the wagon and I cannot get in there to measure how much linoleum is required.  Can anyone give me the measurements of the Linoleum pieces? 

For anyone who's interested, SMS Fabrics has the correct linoleum and all the correct interior fabrics.  They did a beautiful job duplicating my original '57 wagon door panels to a "T", and they supplied a perfect replacement headliner to match the original, and they also have the correct wind lace.  I am waiting to see what they can do with the rear wheelhouse pebble-grain covering, which I sent them a sample of. I'm not sure how difficult that will be to install, being that it's like wrapping a ball.  If anybody has any input on that, I'd like to hear from you.

So....can anybody tell me the dimensions of the linoleum required for a 6-passenger wagon without a third seat?  Thanks.
'40 Ford Convertible
'41 Ford pickup
'51 Ford F1 pickup
'57 Ford station wagon
'70 El Camino

djfordmanjack

If nobody else has the measurements in their files I will go out and take them on weekend, I need to pull my carpet for that and can't get that done before Sat. Would you need just approximate dimensions for ordering per yard or do you need it exactly like original. Most of mine is missing or frayed so I can only give you the dimensions of the recesses in the cargo boards.
Would you please let us know if and when SMS can come up wiht the rear wheelwell covers ?

57fordwagon

DJ, The area I'm referring to is when the seat is folded down, all the area that's covered in the ribbed linoleum.  I just really need the floor area so I know how much to order.  I didn't follow the part about pulling up the carpet....?  If you can just measure side to side and front to back, that will give me a rough idea of how much linoleum I need to order.  Don't go to any trouble other than that.

Also, I heard from SMS in Oregon today and they told me they can supply the original pebble grain covering for the wheelhouses. It's basically the same stuff used on the 60's vinyl tops and they can supply the original factory color to match my sample.
'40 Ford Convertible
'41 Ford pickup
'51 Ford F1 pickup
'57 Ford station wagon
'70 El Camino

djfordmanjack

I'll get those dimensions tomorrow or Saturday. I have aftermarket carpet in my cargo area that I have to lift. not a big problem. there's some stuff in the back that I need to remove.

suede57ford

Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear of a source for correct stuff.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

djfordmanjack

these are the actual measurements of my March built 6pssgr Country sedan. I would guess all the 6pssgr wagons (even 2 dr) are the same.
These should be pretty accurate but you will want to cut the linoleum according to your actual floor board pieces.
Good luck !
Guenter
(click on thumbnail to enlarge)

57fordwagon

DJ,
Wow...I didn't expect a detailed set of dimensions with a drawing!  Thank you.  That's a great drawing and it answers all the questions; I've printed it for my '57 wagon car file.  Everybody with a '57 wagon should make a copy.  I'll bet that's the only existing drawing of the '57 Ford wagon's rear cargo area for replacing the linoleum. Thank you again.
'40 Ford Convertible
'41 Ford pickup
'51 Ford F1 pickup
'57 Ford station wagon
'70 El Camino

djfordmanjack

you're welcome. this is just a simple sketch and though pretty accurate for ordering by the yard I would suggest cutting your new linoleum according to your actual floor boards. The recess has rounded corners and edges, so you might want to cut the linoleum inserts smaller about 1/8" or so it will nicely fit. You will have to make cut outs for the wheelwells aso.
would be nice if you post your efforts when done.