News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

James Potter has some health issues

Started by RICH MUISE, 2022-01-15 10:41

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I got a Facebook notice last night that James Potter (this forum's owner, for you newbies) posted an update. Unfortunately, James last month found he has tumors/growth on both his kidneys. They are scheduling him for surgery "Friday" ...not sure if that was yesterday or next week. We obviously are all hoping/praying the surgery is successful. If not, he will have the kidneys removed, and be on a dialysis machine until a donor can be found.
Here is a link to James' Facebook post:     https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=678935783477247&id=100040824948251

We're all hoping for the best for you James.
I want to take this opportunity to thank you for all you've done for us in the past. It's been a hell of a resource. So glad we got to shake hands last March.....we'll do it again!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

terry_208

Good luck with the surgery.  I hope the issues can be solved w/o removing the kidneys.  I am told dialysis is a pita and donors are not easily found.  I couldn't access the facebook page.
Terry

sprink88

Good luck with the surgery! You are in my prayers for a successful surgery and a transplant asap.
~Chris

gasman826

Thanks for what you have done and will do.  Best wishes.

RICH MUISE

for those who can't access the Facebook link..........a copy and paste:

Ok, I guess its time to spill the beans for those friends of mine who care and would want to know. First of December, i had what I though was another kidney stone, blood in urine, pain in groin, etc.  I let it go since it was friday, by sunday was pretty bad.  Monday had some labwork done, got results Tuesday, they immediately sent me to emergency room and i spent the next 4 or 5 days in the hospital.  After a round of tests, CT scans and an MRI, docs found masses on both of my kidneys, fully contained in the kidneys, not soread further. Long story short, i have one of the top docs in the world going to try and save both kidneys with robotic surgery, which will be happening next friday.  Best case scenario, it works, and I will have semi normal, reduced functioning of kidneys.  Worst case, both kidneys come out and i will have to be on dialysis until i can get on transplant list. I figure i will fall somewhere in between, as the left one is pretty large.  I had no clue anything was wrong like that, no other pain or symptoms. Just thought i had another kidney stone. So, advice to everyone, if somethings wrong like that, dont try to tough it out...go find out whats wrong. My docs are hopeful in my case, but you know how things go. Nothing is sure, and tomorrow is not guaranteed.  For those still wondering, no, Im not in any kind of pain, I actually feel pretty good, nothing would indicate a problem. Thankfully, I was able to get insurance for the coming procedures. I, or someone else if I cant, will post updates on here as we are able to.  Not looking for any sympathy or sadness, just wanted to fill my family and friends in on whats going on with me, and why i havent been and may not be as active on here in the future. Just got to thinking last night how few people Ive actually told about this current issue.  So there it is.

KYBlueOval

James,what you have done for all of us Forum Followers is priceless. I can't Thank you enough. I wish you the best in this battle and will pray for your speedy recovery.
John

suede57ford

James,

Good luck getting through everything.   You have helped all of us so much, We hope the best for you!

Pat
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

abe_lugo

Sorry to hear.  I hope the surgeries go well!  Thanks for the posting.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

Ford Blue blood

James,

I know you are a man of faith.  The good Lord will hand out test for us, only He can say why.  Keep the faith my friend, know He will give you the strength to see this to the end.  You will be in my prayers.

Bill
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

gasman826

I sympathize with the kidney pain thing.  I've had it a few times as recently as just before Christmas.  I was tempted to drive myself to the ER but chose to suffer in my on bed rather than spend the night sharing the maxed out ER with Covid victims.  The chance of Covid exposure to me but also bringing it home to Amy was not worth the risk.

jviera

James praying that everything works out in your favor I wish you the best possible outcome. John Viera

Hoosier Hurricane

James, my prayers are with you in these trying times.  May God be with you in your upcoming treatments   John

RICH MUISE

mustang6984

James...kick it to the bayou...hold it under water. You will come out of this with a smile on your mug...positive thoughts.   :icon_super:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Jeff Norwell

James,..... thinking of you and we know you have the strength to conquer this with ease,.... you have helped so many.. including myself.
Hold Fast.

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com