News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Ford Sheet Metal

Started by maddog350gt, 2016-06-16 15:28

Previous topic - Next topic

jumping jack flash

There was 3 different trunk decks in 1957. Sedan, Hardtop, and Retractable Hardtop.  The retractable looks so different from the others, it shouldn't be mentioned.Has the car ever had any "skin grafting"? Look for welds inside the panels. Body shops are guilty of Close Enough work.AS for the hood ...is that a fiberglass hood? I'm going to get in trouble now. Along with my 57 Ranchero, I have an 84 El Camino. I put a fiberglass hood on it...after a lot of massaging , grinding , and sanding, a $600.00 hood finally fit.Is your radiator support exactly where it should be? There is a lot of adjustments that can move the gap together. Good luck, and I really don't think you need to cut anything if it is dearborn metalIf you can find a car to compare with, get out the tape measure and compare. Most factory metal is right where Ford put it in 1957.I have a ranchero parts car, that was quarter paneled way back, and it is a full 1/4 inch shorter. I can feel it better than see it, but it's junk anyway..