News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Bumper Jack Wanted

Started by BWhitmore, 2013-04-19 19:48

Previous topic - Next topic

BWhitmore

Wanted:  a 57 passenger  bumper jack -"T" type stalk with jack base.  Restored or un-restored.

Bill Whitmore (213) 709-8904 or BWhitmore2@earthlink.net

Thanks

RICH MUISE

Bill...I've still got my old one I'm not using...I'll take a look at it tommorrow to see what kinda shape it's in. Never used it, but think it should be good. I'm curious though, this is for "looks only" factory correct jack I assume..you wouldn't actually use a bumper jack would you?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

BWhitmore

Looks only.  I am trying to get my Ranchero as close to factory as possible.  If you have the jack with base and possibly lug wrench I am very interested.  Thanks

4banger

I have one also, in very good condition. Will sell plus shipping.

BWhitmore

4Banger - can you send me a couple of pictures of your jack and the price please?  I also need the lug wrench.  For shipping my zip code s 91801.  My email is

Whitmore_bill@montebello.k12.ca.us

Thanks

RICH MUISE

I dug it out this morning...sorry for the delay, I've got my hands full and my head empty.
It is operationally in good shape...is cosmetically deficient. Will need a sandblast or wire brushing to remove spotty surface rust, and a fresh coat of paint. I am not sure if the jack handle I had with it is actually the '57 jack handle...tried it on my old tires, wrong lug size,  but none of those lug nuts are original so I don't know. The handle I have measues 19 1/2" across "the angle" from tip to tip. I can post a pic if you like.

Lou

Ford used the same jack handle for years 50s thru the mid 70s, at least, lug size is 13/16.

BWhitmore

Rich -no need for a picture.  I assume the jack has the base.  Just let me know the cost with shipping and if you are O K with Paypal just give me your Paypal email address.

My address :  Bill Whitmore, 1108 S.Fifth Street, Alhambra, C. 91801

Thanks very much.

RICH MUISE

Bill...I'll start searching for a box and let you know when I get it to the post office..do you need it in a hurry?

BWhitmore

RICH MUISE

Got it to the post office this afternoon. Expected delivery is Monday. I found a box at u-haul I ended up cutting down to keep the package as small as posible, but worked out fine. Let me know when you get it.
Rich

BWhitmore

Rich - thanks VERY much.  I will make another donation to the forum this evening. 

RICH MUISE

BWhitmore

Rich - the jack just arrived and is great.  I can't express the amount of thanks to you for your generosity.  You are the type of person that makes the old car hobby so enjoyable.  Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you.

Bill Whitmore

RICH MUISE

Great..glad it arrived. LOL..."Making the car hobby enjoyable"...funny as you said that I'm probably getting kicked off the Hamb for calling one of the old timers an AH..I went back an edited it a few hours after I posted it, but my new remarks still weren't too kind.