News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Windlace Clips

Started by petew, 2014-02-16 07:27

Previous topic - Next topic

petew

Looking for some clips that hold the windlace in the car. Either originals or if someone knows of a replacement that will work.

RICH MUISE

I'll look later for them. I never used any of mine when I redid my widlace. How many do you need?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

petew

Well Rich to get back up to full compliment I need 17 but will gladly buy whatever you have or are willing to part with.

Pete

RICH MUISE

Pete...I only found 7 so far. I'll make one more pass thru my shop looking for some more. I didn't think I had used any, but may have. PM me your address, and I'll get the 7 and whatever else I find, if any, sent off. LOL..I sure found a bunch of "what the heck are these?" things while looking.
freebie, btw

RICH MUISE

I found 8 more for a total of 15. I'll try and get therm to the PO tommorrow. Since your at this stage, and missing the windlace clips, do you also need the "gripping headliner brackets" in the pic? I used the front ones, but not these. I think they go above the door post, not sure.

petew

I think am all set regarding the dragons teeth ( that's what my upholstery shop calls them) but thanks for the offer .
As for the wind lace clips thank you, you are a gentleman and I owe you.

Pete

gasman826

Has it ever been discussed about the OEM windlace having wire in it and the aftermarket stuff does NOT.  The issue is using wireless windlace and the OEM clips may lead to the windlace pulling out.

RICH MUISE

Pete...PO is closed today...president's day.
Gary...aside from the no wire, I just wasn't to thrilled with the clips and teeth. They obviously worked for many years...I just didn't want to have to deal with them myself. Installed wood strips all around the door to staple to instead....which is why I never used the clips I'm sending Pete.

Frankenstein57

I tried the clip route, looked like trouble so I installed some 1/4" plastic flat stock wherever I could and fastened the windlace to that. It was leftover from a machine shop job, my buddy does tool and die work. I still have the clips in there, but this is insurance.  Mark

gasman826

I'm using strips of PVC screwed to the sub structure.  Then staple as necessary.

Hoosier Hurricane

I used pieces of old fan belt as tack strips.   John

petew

And here I was worrying about not being able to find any of those clips. I guess there is a way around any problem if you are willing to think outside of the box !

RICH MUISE

They are in the mail..PO says about Friday for delivery.

petew

Thanks Rich, I'll let you know when they arrive.

petew

Rich, Clips arrived in this afternoons mail. I owe you one ! Thanks again.

Pete