News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

WANTED: A nice Custom, Custom 300, Ranch Wagon or Courier

Started by Hot Rod Custom, 2014-05-03 21:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Rod Custom

I had recently posted photos of my Custom Tudor sedan. It was Starmist Blue with a gray cloth interior. A 390-4V and a T-10 4-speed had been transplanted many years ago. I got the car all dialed in but always wanted a car with an automatic tranny (so my wife can drive it, too) and creature comforts like AC and power accessories.
  I sold the car two weeks ago and now I'm looking for a nice car that needs little or nothing to go cross-country in. My preferences are a Custom or Custom 300 Tudor, a Ranch Wagon or Del Rio or even a Courier. I have cash so trades are not an issue. I know most people don't want to trade, anyway.
  I prefer a mildly modified car with a modern drivetrain, auto tranny, conservative color and interior, near-stock appearance except wheels, disc brakes, seat belts, AC, PW, stereo, etc. What have you got? I'd think that someone on this forum has the perfect car for me that needs a new home. I'll pay a fair market cash price. I'd like to get a car before the summer show season ends. Please help! I appreciate any leads you may have for a car that isn't yours. Distance is not a problem, either.
  Thanks in advance. Have a fun and safe show season, everybody.
Tom - 970-443-3890

robhaerr

Hot Rod Custom

Yeah, I saw that gorgeous car several weeks ago and it's been sold. I don't know why it's still on many different of the classic car sites as still being available.
  Thanks all the same. I had not seen that video and I just spent another hour on "youtube" looking at all the other '57 Ford videos. Oh, well, it's my day off and I really didn't want to spend it working around the house, anyway.
  I'm still looking.
Tom

ragtop

are you just looking for a 1957 ford I have a 1952 ford convert 302 auto  28500.00 or I have a 57 courier that's not quite done needs interior exhaust tires wheels has a 390 auto motor rebuilt has not Ben started yet so bugs have not Ben worked out yet dint have pics at this time of it but have pics be for i started it was a cal. car

Hot Rod Custom

Although I really like your '52 Sunliner, I really want a '57. I'll send you a PM. Thanks for the reply.
Tom

robhaerr

RICH MUISE

Nice car....I'm curious about the supercharger. The ad wording would lead you to believe it's factory, but aren't the '57 code f engines a Paxton supercharger, not McCouloc? So, maybe a later Ford sc, but not as in an original '57 F code car?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Randyh

The McCullough supercharger is correct for the 57 F-code cars.  Taking a quick look the air cleaner and fuel filters are wrong though, not really a bad looking car.

Hot Rod Custom

Hi everybody,
  Since posting this, I've received many helpful tips on finding a nice car. I really didn't want a project, but the more I thought about it, the more appealing it became.
  I could do the car exactly like I want, not what someone else did. With that thought in mind, I bought not one, but two, project cars - a Courier and a Ranch Wagon. I plan on building one for my wife and one for me. Both cars are pretty solid and were reasonably priced. Neither car is home yet, so I can't post photos.
  After a quick inventory on what parts will be needed, what I have, what I can get anytime, and what's hard to find, I've posted some items in the "Wanted" section. I'd appreciate any help I can get to find these few parts.
  I plan to post photos of the progress I make on each one. First up is the Ranch Wagon - my wife's new car.
  I hope everybody has a fun and safe summer car show season.
Tom

robhaerr

Just for the heck of it, here is another nice Ranch Wagon all done-up in blue and for sale...

http://carbuffs.com/inventory/1957-ford-2dr-ranch-wagon/