News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Eaton Detroit Rear Leaf Springs

Started by Randyh, 2015-03-23 17:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Randyh

For a heads-up I purchased a new set of rear leaf springs from Eaton Detroit Spring.  The front eye was too small to fit a factory sized bushing.  When I called back to Eaton to tell them they were incorrect they told me that they can no longer get the original sized bushings (1.375 OD) so they make them to fit their suppliers bushings (.875 OD)  They are going to remake the main leaf with the correct sized eye if I supply the bushings to them.  So if you want leaf springs made to use the original bushings make sure that you specify that and send them the bushings.  Otherwise they match the originals really well with the same round dimples for the anti squeak pads and rounded ends.

RICH MUISE

Interesting info thanks for posting......Or order from McVeigh's. They're next on my shoping list. Guys here have reported good product and low price. They are on our list of suppliers. I did get my front springs from Eaton's though.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Raven Rider

My McVeigh springs are great they fit and they suspend my RW body at just the right height.  I would order again no problem ( in 58 more years).  I lost a set of the bushings because the box had damage I called and in a few days the bushings were at my door no question asked.