News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Wrecked going to GNRS

Started by shopratwoody, 2012-01-29 18:05

Previous topic - Next topic

KidKourier

Shoprat,  The '57 ranchero on craigslist-inland empire has had the price reduced to $500, looks to be in the San Bernadino area--has picture showing drivers side. (909)467-2027 ask for Bob. KID :006:

RICH MUISE

Ron...are you prefering a donor car over parts? If you're interested in anything as far as Texas I'll check into some complete Rancheros I know of in the Amarillo area....one in Amarillo I believe is a rust bucket if I remember,but I can double check for sure...and three more about 50 miles north of me that I believe may be solid cars...I'm just not sure how much proding it would take to make the guy sell one of them.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

shopratwoody

Skip
Never could find it, so I called and he thinks it's sold. Thanks
Rich, Looking for something closer. Thanks
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

gasman826

I know this is a little vague, but a couple of years ago I was picking this guy's place.  He had a bunch of '57s.  He had at least one of every model and two of several except a Skyliner.  After several hours, he mentioned having a '57 Ranchero in another barn that he had collected parts to restore it.  Since it had been a long day and I had little interest in the Ranchero, I did not go look at it.  He said that he had both NOS quarters for it.  He had a lot of good restorable and hot rod material.  His prices were fair but he had nothing that I needed.  His prices though fair were at market value and if I bought something to resell there would be no margin for me.  So I left that day and went home with nothing but memories of an enjoyable day.  This stuff is in Michigan and in barns.  If you are really serious, I know a guy that knows a guy that I might be able to get a name and number or even drive over and find the guy again and see whats what.   Just a thought if it helps.

shopratwoody

Thanks for the offer
I'll look around this area somemore :001:
I hate blocksanding!

JimNolan

Ron,
   Just wanted to say that I hate to see your beautiful Ranchero hurt. Good luck on the insurance and re-assembley. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

shopratwoody

I hate blocksanding!

57AGIN

Ron:

If I haven't said it before, if there is anything I can do or assist with I'll be glad to help.  Just let me know.

Bob
57 AGIN

shopratwoody

Got almost all the parts to fix it from Steve Pierce in 29 Palms.
Thanks for all the help.
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

ROKuberski

Quote from: shopratwoody on 2012-01-30 15:56
I will post the Ins. results for sure.
I'm with AMERICAN COLLECTORS INS. INC.
We'll see how this works out. :unitedstates:

Just a comment on American Collectors Insurance.  A couple of years ago, I was responsible for doing about $1,500 damage to a car I was restoring.  I did it in my own garage.  After painting, I was bolting all the body parts on a '37 Chevy I have.  I was working on the drivers side of the car, then drove the car out of the garage and turned it around so I could work on the other side.  The left side rear door was not latched and it opened as I drove into the garage (suicide doors) and I caught the door on the side of the garage.  Freshly painted and I damaged the car before I had it back together.  My wife said they would not pay for that, after all, It was all my fault.

Well, it was my fault and I felt bad about it.  So, they asked for pictures, an estimate for repairs and they paid 100%, no deductable, no hassle, no futher questions.

I no longer have collector car insurance because of an issue with State Farm, the insurer of my other cars and house.  I have an umbrella liability policy with them and for them to also cover the collector cars, they either have to be insured with State Farm or I have to pay an additional fee to get them covered.  So, I just have it all with State Farm.

Anyway, based on my experience, I think you will be fine with them.  However, were you rear ended?  Shouldn't the other guy be paying for this?

Rich

shopratwoody

The ins co's can duke that out....at least mine is stepping up :001:
I hate blocksanding!

johns2000

Wow that sucks, I've always like Ron's Ranchero!!

Ford Blue blood

So Ron how is the rebuild going?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

shopratwoody

Thanks for asking. It's coming along quite good. B pillar pulled fine, full qtr is replaced. New sheetmetal
behind rear bumper. Stainless is out being straightened and repolished. Happy so far.
Insurance has been fine. Had to have diff adjusters out but that's ok. I'll get some pictures up
soon.
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

Ford Blue blood

That is really great news!  Too nice a car to have it go away....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II