News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

I finally have to admit that I'm an old man.

Started by Lou, 2012-04-02 17:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Lou

Myself, my wife and 4 friends celebrated my April 1, 70th birthday yahooing. Here is a picture of me and my ride.

RICH MUISE

Happy Birthday Lou. The wife's uncle that we're in Phoenix visiting is 88 and still runs a ranch.I haven't asked, but I can tell you he doesn't think he's old.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Lou

My wife took her horse, and I borrowed my favorite horse from the sable, he 31, about my age in human years. The park is about a 1/4 mile from the stable, 185 acres about 1/2 untouched woods and 1/2 open space, we ran all over that place for most of the afternoon. Weather was great and we only saw 2 people all afternoon, best birthday present ever...

shopratwoody

Glad you had a good Birthday Lou. Hope you have many more.
You're almost up with me. :002:
I hate blocksanding!

Ford Blue blood

Birthdays are a good thing!  I was once asked by a young girl (23 is young to me) if it bothered me to be 62 (a few years ago), I looked at her like her head was spinning, she did not understand that not having birthdays is really not a good thing....I have a standard answer for folks that ask me how I'm doing.  Tell them "Verticle, breathing on my own and earing solid food, don't get much better then this"!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Zapato

I must have kept my mother worrying quite a bit as a youngster. The year after I came home from the service she insisted I come over for dinner on my birthday. During dinner she told me that of all her kids (she had 10) celebrating mine had been her favorite one for years. I asked how that could be and she replied For several years I couldn't believe you would make it to the next one. Almost 59 and a lot tamer she'd be pleased.

Congratulations Lou sounds like you had a great time. My only hope age wise is to be around to enjoy my grandkids' kids.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

gasman826

Any day not looking at satin is a good day!

Custom300Madman

Happy Birthday Lou, 70 not old at all! 107 now there's old!
1957 Ford Custom 300 Fourdoor, with factory 312 yblock

Jerrys Kars

The other day when my 17 yr old grandson was visiting my 91 yr old mother in the adult care home, he was introduced to a German lady who was 105 yr old. Well some say 101 and some said she was 105. Zach says, "Wow, I never met anyone 105 yr old before!"  Well come to think of it neither have I.
Lou, is your post an April fools joke? :005: Just kidding. I'm just a couple of yrs behind you. Hope I can get on a horse at 70.

57AGIN

Lou:

Just read the latest addition to your birthday thread.  Tomorrow, I'm going surfing for the first time since November and just hoping I can get my knees to work well enough to get up on my longboard.  My knees have been acting up to the point where when I go to car shows I have to wear knee braces and sit as much as I can.  I guess I'm just getting my come uppance, as when I was a teenager I always wondered what my 65 year old grandmother was complaining about.  All things considered though, things could be a whole lot worse and I do count my blessings.

Bob
57 AGIN

gasman826

On the bright side, your grandma couldn't get new knees....you can!!!

57AGIN

Gasman:

The other bright side was that this morning when I went down to the beach, I was actually able to get up and ride a short wave on my first attempt.  While I was actually worried about being able to get my knees to lift the rest of me to my feet, they did and it didn't hurt too much.  I was really stoked and had a good time.  Yea, Grandma was just born too soon.  Not only were we able to live in the magic age of our 57's, muscle cars, early & late rock & roll, walking on the moon, etc., but we can also be bionically be rebuilt almost as good as new.

Bob
57 AGIN

Lou

57again, I'm glad you like me can still do some of the things you love. My 87 year old uncle used to say, "the old days weren't any better, we just felt better". But still the 50s and 60s were fun (more so if were male) I have to laugh at these people who didn't live thru the 1960s and try and tell us the end of this country is comming. I have only one question, where the hell did the last 50 years go?

shopratwoody

It sure goes fast. My 50th seems like yesterday and was over 20 yrs. ago. :002:
I hate blocksanding!

RICH MUISE

Quote from: gasman826 on 2012-05-27 15:40
On the bright side, your grandma couldn't get new knees....you can!!!
My wife got her's last Monday(one leg)...already walking without a cane or walker...yesterday, Doc. had her walking down the corridor to his peer's offices showing off his "star" patient.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe