News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

my 57 wagon

Started by 62galxe, 2012-05-25 19:31

Previous topic - Next topic

62galxe

my 57 project. got the body off the frame. frame is blasted and painted. versaille front disk aerostar coils rack and pinion steering 390 C6. working on floorpans and a couple of the body mounts.

briney

Nice Ride! Keep up the hard work!!

Patrick Dallas / TX  :unitedstates:
If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

gasman826

Off the the races!  Great project.  More pictures.

62galxe

Id post more piks but photoshop is crashing and i havent found the right indian to tell me haw to fix it.

gasman826

Are you using Photoshop to modify your pictures?

62galxe

yeah . Its elements 10. Cant open the organizer.

62galxe

gasman826

Looks like you got it now! 

Floor pans look good.  FE with goodies.  Man, you're on a roll.

That big blue thing...greatest tool in the shop...or outside in your case.  The first time I went to Florida...being from Michigan, I was shocked to see all the hoists outside!

62galxe

big blue thing is evil. it causes me to do things i didnt plan on. Working on floorpans I decided its easier with body off the frame. A few bolts and push a button.

gasman826

Isn't that the truth.  There are so many things that I've done just because it was TOO easy!  That lift was the best tool that I ever bought!!  The body has been on and off the frame so many time that I've lost all count.  Now...build a rotissare and see how easy it is to do the underside mods and repairs.  Roll in upside down to do the seam sealer on the bottom.  I even put the frame on the rotissare to clean, smooth, media blast and paint.  Sooooooooo much easier!
While you're at it...make up a frame table out of some 10" I-beams...add an old trailer axle.  True up the frame or just for ride height checks or just for block sanding or just for assembly. 

IT'S THE TOOLS...IT'S ALL ABOUT THE TOOLS.  IT'S A DESEASE AND I GOT IT BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankenstein57

I want a lift real bad, I have to modify the ceiling to do it and cut in a door. Not real easy in an 1800's barn.  Mark

wv 57s forever

:006:

be lost without my lift, makes changing oil , or anthing else so much easier for and old fat man like me.

gasman826

Where I renovated my 1894 barn, I moved the 8' high loft up to 16'.  Put in a steel ceiling and 14" of fiberglass.  The loft is where I store my sheet metal.  Very dry up there.  I've been around lifts all my working life and wouldn't know what to do without one.  To change the oil on the Gator...on the lift.  Change plow points...on the lift.  Need an extra table for the family reunion...on the lift.

bossguy

Gary, now THATS a toybox! I'm jealous in my one car garage with a 7'door. 62 Galaxie, I luv the 57 2 door wagons and sedan deliveries. Nice that your outdoor lift also has you in the shade in the afternoon sun. Good luck with that beauty.

62galxe

The lift needs a roof. already streached the garage as far back as i can go so i added sideways. concrete was easier than rebuilding the garage for height. I like the barn.