News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

my 57 wagon

Started by 62galxe, 2012-05-25 19:31

Previous topic - Next topic

robhaerr

Holy Shelter, Gasman...

Nice shed!

gasman826

Many years ago, I was a board member for the Michigan Barn Preservation Network.  In conjunction with the National Trust for Historic Preservation, we promoted the preservation of Michigan's disappearing barns.  Not owning a barn, I kinda felt like I needed to put my money where my mouth was (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it).  This barn became available in an Ohio industrial park and was scheduled to be burnt.  I took it down piece by piece and hauled it to the farm and rebuilt it.  It is a great space where we have family and friend gatherings.  We run a dog boarding kennel business out of it, store farm equipment, and lots of car projects and parts.  There are financial advantages to reusing these old buildings.

Frankenstein57

Gasman, was the old barn organization involved in your renovation? If so, how did they feel about the metal siding? I put a metal roof on years ago, I have the materials to do the siding and I'm wondering how they view  the upgrade. Sorry for highjacking your wagon post.  I just looked at the picture again, it looks like it is wood.  Mark

gasman826

HIGHJACK ALERT!!!

Michigan Barn Preservation Network has a informational and educational role.  No money.  They perfer natural materials but support saving and adoptive reuse of barns with no restrictions on materials or style.
Yes, that is real wood.  12" western red cedar board and bat.

We now return to your regularly scheduled blog.

stevewible

that is one nice building with the correct color..

gasman826

It's for sale.  I'm going to advertise in next months real estate magazine as a potential vineyard property.  Up to 170 acres would grow plenty of grapes for Michigan wine!

Hot Rod Custom

That wagon's really cool! I love any '57 Ford car, but particularly the Custom series, the two door wagons and the Couriers. What color you gonna go with? How about the interior? Wheels? Other mods? Good luck with the project. BTW, the shop you have is awesome.

Tom