News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Instrument panel

Started by jseth83, 2014-01-28 09:33

Previous topic - Next topic

jseth83

Here is a picture of my new instrument panel.  I measured the original and drew a template in AutoCAD, then cut it out of two scrap pieces of sheetmetal and welded together.  Now I'm waiting for new sending units from Summit....
57 wagon, sedan, and TBird 
67 Mustang

57 Ford Kustom

Jseth,
   That is nice! You should sell those, they are sweet! I looked for a alternative to the stock one, but no one makes them for our cars.
Thanks,
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

VwDrvFnd

Very Very Nice! Like Kustom said "you should make those, if fact what would you charge to make me one of those?
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

Frankenstein57

About 6 or so years ago, Dolphin gauges had a dash insert for our cars. I saw them on ebay, there gauges don't have a good reputation, but maybe they still have the dash panel. What brand are those gauges? Nice work.   Mark

57 Ford Kustom

Mark,
   Dolphin has one listed, but it is only a flat plate. There is no brow on the one they sell. They want $140 for it, with no gauges.

geraldchainsaw

that is a nice dash panel,   if i were going to change from stock that would be the way i would go,   i don't know if there was a mention of what kind of gages used,  i think i heard Summit,  can u give stock #'s?,  thanks   jerry

57AGIN

Guys:

While at the Grand National Roadster Show last Saturday, I talked to several vendors about doing some LED back lighting on the stock 57 gauge cluster.  I think that is something I may do in the near future.  Just a thought.

Bob
57 AGIN

57 Ford Kustom

I installed LED replacement bulbs in all my dash sockets, really brightens everything up! They also come in different colors, if that's your thing.

robhaerr

Nice indeed!

I may want one of those dash inserts!

Where to get the LED replacement bulbs? Model number for just white/clear?

Do tell!

Rob

57 Ford Kustom

Rob, I got them off evilbay, just search 57 Ford under parts and they will be listed. I got the clear or white. They illuminate great, my boy doesn't like them, says the old yellowed light looks better! Heck, what does he care, he doesn't need to read the gauges! Lol

jseth83

Sorry I'm way late here, but I didn't realize that there were responses.   Those are VDO gauges,  and the LEDs came from a vendor at cruising the coast.   The only thing I didn't like is that the middle led (blue high beam indicator) is disproportionately bright,  borderline blinding.  Dangerous at night lol.  My brow angle was a little off, but it was close enough that the screws pulled it in to fit.  I drew the layout on autocad to be sure everything would fit, and welded studs on the back to attach it.
57 wagon, sedan, and TBird 
67 Mustang

pepfalcon

where did you put your gas gauge and voltmeter?

Ecode70D

Quote from: pepfalcon on 2014-11-08 16:41
where did you put your gas gauge and voltmeter?

I was wondering about that also...    Good thinking Phillip

Capt997

Dakota Digital has recently released a version of their VHX digital gauge for the 57 Ford.  I'm unable to post the link, but if you look under Ford Vehicles 1932-54 you can check it out.