News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Stainless trim on 57 fords

Started by ranchero57, 2009-11-04 20:41

Previous topic - Next topic

ranchero57

Hi guys I just got a brainstorm when looking at the big rust holes where the clips for the trim go through the sheet metal.After removing dents and polishing to make the stainless strips nice and welding the mounting holes in the shut,plus the associated body work.Take the trim pieces and fill the back sides flush with high quality body filler or kitty hair,then put the automotive double back tape,like they use on the newer cars.Then just locate the trim parts and stich them on.I was going to delete the trim strips on my ranchero,but I may now just stick em on.Hmmm matbe if I used magnetic tape!  Anyway later. Campy--Ranchero57

JimNolan

Campy,
    I hate to break it to you but the newer trim stuff that's stuck on with tape is made out of plastic. The stainless is heavy, not counting filling the cavity with body filler would make it too heavy to stick on with tape. At least that's my take on the situtation. Let me know how it works out for you. Good luck, Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

ranchero57

Jim,Oh well,that must have been a brain fart,not a brain storm.Back to the original no trim plan.Campy