News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Door handle and lock mechanism

Started by BBoswell, 2019-01-04 16:08

Previous topic - Next topic

BBoswell

I'm downsizing my garage and came across a spare door handle shaft and lock mechanism for drivers door on a 57 Ford Custom 300. Mine was worn pretty bad but I never got around to changing it before I sold the car. If anyone needs it for their car or a project let me know and it's yours . . . just pay the shipping costs.

KYBlueOval

RICH MUISE

Nice to hear from you, Bos, and nice of you to offer it up just for shipping...........it'll be going to a good home if John/KYblueoval gets it.
I'll bet your missing that sweet little white sedan.....was it Arizona I saw it with the happy new owner? You also had a '57 Ranchero with a kinda kooky flame job, didn't you?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

BBoswell

Hey Rich. Good to hear from you. Yep, the guy in Arizona got one sweet car. It lacked for nothing and could be driven anywhere. He actually flew from Arizona to Eugene and drove it home. And yes, I also had the Ranchero with the kooky flames paint job. You know every time your name pops up I think of home. I'm originally from your area . . . born in Plainview, Texas and grew up Earth, Texas. I recently received the attached photo from a friend back in that area that reminded me of one of the reasons I like living on the west coast. Take care

gasman826

...got a heater core from you a few years back.  It's kept me warm through early fall and later springs drives for three years.  I think of you and your generosity every time I turn it on.  Hope you have a good year.

BBoswell

Happy to hear is has served you well. I think I've found all my '57 parts and pieces . . . then I'll open a box and there is something else I forgot about.

Now I'm trying to clean out all my extra hot rod and street rod parts. I've finally got a old school hot rod that is just the right height for someone with a worn out old human body. And it has tons of room, actual windows that roll up, AC, PS, PB and a heater.

KYBlueOval

Quote from: BBoswell on 2019-01-05 16:54
Happy to hear is has served you well. I think I've found all my '57 parts and pieces . . . then I'll open a box and there is something else I forgot about.

Now I'm trying to clean out all my extra hot rod and street rod parts. I've finally got a old school hot rod that is just the right height for someone with a worn out old human body. And it has tons of room, actual windows that roll up, AC, PS, PB and a heater.
Tell us more about your old school hot rod.

BBoswell

1939 Ford Deluxe Tudor Sedan. Body is original, straight and last painted sometime in the 50's. Everything other than the body itself is new. It made the 2016 Hot Rod Power Tour (almost 6000 miles), sweet spot cruisin' down the highway is around 80 and on the highway it gets 20.6 mpg. Around town is another story on gas.

KYBlueOval

Very nice! And sounds like it is very reliable.

Ecode70D

Bos
    You were helpful to me with parts also.  That's a nice looking deluxe 39.
Jay