News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

428 CJ Intake Manfifold in Florida?

Started by Ford_Crazy, 2009-08-19 17:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford_Crazy

I am lookin to buy a 428 Cobra Jet Intake Manifold. Crazy heavy to ship.... Anyone have one for sale in Florida? Date code not important. Email me at phil@lakefrontflorida.com Thanks!

JPotter57

Unless you just want the iron CJ unit for nostalgia purposes, you'll be happier with a Performer RPM. It is a lot like the CJ or PI intake, but is easier to find.  Use to be that the 428 PI (alum copy of heavy iron CJ intake) was easy to find and inexpensive...Price them lately?  Trust me, buy a Performer RPM for about $250, shave the lettering off, shotpeen it, and nobody will know the difference, well, except when 35 years of intake technology rockets you past them....no, I dont work for edelbrock, just my experience in hunting down semi-rare FE parts.  Thats why I moved back to 351C stuff, which apparently is no easier to find inexpensive parts for, lol.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

shopratwoody

I agree with James. I have an old Edelbrock F427 on one of mine for the "cool" factor but hard
to find nowadays.
I hate blocksanding!