News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Assembly date

Started by terry_208, 2024-03-30 11:50

Previous topic - Next topic

terry_208

Sixty-seven years ago today my sedan was scheduled to be assembled.  Last licensed in '66, I thought today would be fitting to fire the "new" engine.  I have been attempting to wire it for over two years.  It cranks and I have spark!  I plan to make that attempt later today.
Terry

mustang6984

And we are all waiting...for the positive results!
And waiting...
And waiting..an........................................................ :blob6:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

terry_208

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2024-03-30 16:43And we are all waiting...for the positive results!
And waiting...
And waiting..an........................................................ :blob6:

Time to stop waiting...it's alive!  I've spent the most of two weeks sorting out the wiring so it would run.  There's still a lot to sort out but at least I ran in the cam...I hope!  I had my hands full and wasn't able to get a video of it.  I know, without pictures it didn't happen.
Terry

RICH MUISE

Congrats. It's great to fire up a new engine for the first time...unfortunately, something I've been all too familiar with, lol.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

EXCED
Quote from: terry_208 on 2024-03-30 17:45Time to stop waiting...it's alive!  I've spent the most of two weeks sorting out the wiring so it would run.  There's still a lot to sort out but at least I ran in the cam...I hope!  I had my hands full and wasn't able to get a video of it.  I know, without pictures it didn't happen.

EXCLLENT! Maybe get to drive it this summer! Only a short drive to Rich's place! LOL!!! Okay...maybe a little more than short...but you two could meet half way! I bet Rich knows of a car show in the middle! Rich...?
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Let's see.Idaho is just south of Conneticut, right?

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

terry_208

Yes, I have plans to drive it this summer!  I made this as a driver, hopefully nice, not a show car.
Terry

mustang6984

Well! Then drive on out!  :burnout:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Colorado Springs is pretty close to 1/2 way......380 to Boise, 355 to Amarillo. Some good car shows there, not sure about NSRA show that was in Pueblo. I believe they lost that venue.... maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Aside from getting my reliability confidence going again for the car, this is going to be a tight summer $$ wise. I spent all my funds getting it going again......and it IS for sale.

Jeff Norwell

Terry..Please post some pictures!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

terry_208

I'll try to get a couple pictures in the morning.  I'm going out of town for a couple days starting tomorrow.  I've been having trouble posting pictures.  I have several of the project that I haven't been able to post.
Terry

mustang6984

If you want, send them to my e-mail, and I'll post them up for you.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

terry_208

The pictures I took this morning are very bad.  I'll take some more on Friday and then send them to you Hugh.  Thanks.

I was able to install mechanical clutch linkage yesterday.  I don't know if it will work as I had to make a bracket to support the engine side of the bell crank. It works great...without the engine running.

Jeff, even with all the work I've done on this car, your 300 looks much better!
Terry

mustang6984

Here are two of Terry's pics that he has sent so far. More will be added when he gets them taken and sent to me! Enjoy!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker