News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 CUSTOM CL Portland ore.

Started by cos, 2024-03-30 12:46

Previous topic - Next topic

cos

Hello  Members  Noticed a 57 custom on local CL portland ore by dealer.  Ad says e-code, Vin plate says B code. Must be attention getter.  Looks like a Mummert intake, but it does have E code  trash can FF. Looks like  Fuel filter is only thing close to E code car.

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

cos

Guess car is  in Texas.  Why they are pitching it in Oregon is a ?   Craigslist  cars, Portland Oregon.

abe_lugo

Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

RICH MUISE

Thanks Abe......good looking car!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

abe_lugo

Good looking car.  But seller posted vin.  But they do mention the engine is not original to the car. 
Isn't hard to prove a Y block is a 312 without checking internals anyhow?

Nice car though.   

Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

lalessi1

For sure, not an E code. Interior is nice but wrong for a Custom 300.
Lynn

rmk57

Odd that it has the block off plate for the heater but it has under dash AC. I have a picture that could be that car from around 15 years ago or so. I was in contact with the owner about buying buying, but ended up with the blue one I have now. It is really is a nice car.

Not the same car I was looking at. Found pics of it. It was a nice 57 also though.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

lalessi1

I have a block off plate for the heater and an under dash A/C too! It was much easier to put the A/C in with the heater out of the car, I really don't need a heater here.  :004:
Lynn

rmk57

I was thinking more of a weight saving is why someone would remove radio, clock ,heater. Myself, I just suffer when it's hot out on a drive.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

gasman826

When you are flipping cars...delete plates are way cheaper than restoring heater controls, radio, and clock.  Seller can always claim delete plates are trendy.  I put Vintage Air under dash AC with heat in two '57s and used heater block-off plates to cleanup the firewall.

rmk57

With our Custom, Custom 300's that's a good option, not so much with a Skyliner. I'd like to see a Skyliner with 3 delete plates though, it would be a great conversation starter.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429