News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

HEATER DELETE PLATE

Started by jegsr, 2013-08-24 14:16

Previous topic - Next topic

jegsr

:unitedstates:FOR SALE - 1957/1958 FORD "BRAND NEW" LOWER HEATER DELETE PLATE. (upper delete plate coming soon) 100% CORRECT........ AND SUPER NICE. This part is die-stamped and laser cut from USA steel. Powder Coated Black Priced at just $95.00ea, S & H in USA $10.00. If you use PayPal it will be an extra $3.00 They will never stamp these again, 32 left. Upper plate does not look good for production now..... Contact John Gambill at gambill@1957ford.com

Special Thanks to Burton Antique Auto Parts

JPotter57

John, that is super cool....very cool  that you are making a hard to find original part available.  Excellent work!!
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

Awesome, John! Those lower delete plates are almost imposible to find.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

sprink88

why is it an extra $4 for using paypal?
~Chris

Jeff Norwell

Those are Bitch'in.......
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

Quote from: sprink88 on 2013-08-24 22:10
why is it an extra $4 for using paypal?
Even though the price may seem high for a sheetmetal panel, I doubt John has very much profit in them. I'm sure he has his fingers crossed hoping he'll sell enough of them to recoup his tooling and setup costs.
John has the 1957ford.com website, and helped James get this one started. I think he does stuff like this, and other hard to find items he has done for the advancement of the '57 Fords...not so much for profit. Most sellers would have already added the cost of paypal or credit cards into their prices as a cost of doing business. I don't know what paypal charges, but I've heard enough bitching from sellers to suspect it's high. At least John is giving the option.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

suede57ford

Heater Delete Plates are a great item to use if you are converting a car to a Vintage Air type Heat and AC unit.

It covers up the holes in the firewall and adds to the cool factor of having another rare delete plate on your '57.

Thanks for the efforts to get these made.

57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

jegsr

:unitedstates:Hey guys I make these parts for you and me!!!!!!!!!!! When I saw a used rusty set sale for $315 I put more pressure on my partners to get these done. The upper plate will be done soon. I make no money on these. I get one plate. I have 35 plates to sell. It will take 30 or so to make any money for them. I put up money out of my pocket to get the production started. I will get some of that back if they sell quickly. They set the price and shipping cost. I have a few dozen dimmer switch covers still for sale, at $68 free shipping I had to eat the cost on them. The 70D fixed window braces, still have some left, I think it is nine more sets to break even. We are real lucky to have a place that lets us slide in a few jobs. I changed the PayPal cost to $3.00. They charge to use it, so I pass it on, sorry not coming out of my pocket. Thanks guys for your support, John

JPotter57

Paypal fees eat up a lot of what you make, so you have to charge the extra to cover the fees.  Thank ebay for that, as ebay owns Paypal.  One reason I have started using Google Wallet, though still not as much as Paypal..
Old, loud, and fast.

suede57ford

I'll order one.   Great chance to get a rare part, and I'm gonna take advantage of it.   I'm going to put the heater delete set-up on my sedan delivery and my 2dr Custom.  I plan to have a hidden vintage air unit under the dash and a hidden radio behind the hinged radio delete.

Maybe if we buy this stuff when it becomes available, they will keep making us the tough to find parts.  I'll have to keep holding out for a rear seat delete platform, though.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

JPotter57

Pat, check with jay (Ecode-70D).  He sent me pics of how he made his rear seat delete tray.  It looks near as good as the factory unit.  I will be getting the stuff to do mine with soon, have a couple other projects ahead of it first.
Old, loud, and fast.