incredible low milage original tan/white 4dr Country sedan wagon on ebay

Started by djfordmanjack, 2021-01-12 15:45

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

It's a beautiful car for sure. Problem with most cars like that......what would you do with it? You sure wouldn't want to drive it. When I first looked at it, it reminded me of a doeskin/c. white '56 Parklane that the late Larry Grillet from Childress Texas had. It was a concourse 98 point car. Larry spent a long time looking at my car the day I saw it, I almost asked if he'd be interested in a trade.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

Maybe I'm the odd guy Rich, but I WOULD drive it, then again, I drive all my vehicles. After all, isn't that why we build or buy them?
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

suede57ford

Looks to be an original car to me.    The original engine blocks were not prepped well for paint originally and a pressure washing sometime in its life could have blown the paint off.  A car of this age has had to had a few mechanical items such as the master cylinder, wheel cylinders, carb kit, heater and rad hoses, etc have been gone over to make it driveable after sitting. The headers seem to be a poor choise, but easily corrected.  The cracks on the firewall paint are from the tar based seam sealer cracking from age.   All the cad plating on the car is still decent which is a sign it wasn't in the weather.   The wheel house covers, floor mat, seat covers, headliner, dash, original battery cables, etc is amazingly nice and preserved. No one could restore to this level of detail and leave so much originality. A small amount of detailing would make this an amazing car. A car lik ethis could still be driven occasionally in good weather with out hurting anything.  Hopefully the right person ends up with this car and shares all the detail with us.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

djfordmanjack

That would be terrific if the new owner would join our forum and share the details on this sweet wagon !

Quote from: suede57ford on 2021-01-12 19:16
Hopefully the right person ends up with this car and shares all the detail with us.

hiball3985

I'm like Joe, I would drive it, expensive driveway decorations aren't my cup of tea. I wonder why the guy is selling it, just bought it to flip?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

dunno. well possible. He has some other neat vintage stuff advertised, so most probably an enthusiast, but maybe just not enough into 57 Fords. If that car was mine it would never leave my driveway without ME behind the wheel. :003:
I would also drive it.
But, people are right when they are concerned about owning or driving og paint matching# one owner survivor cars. I do know that firsthand. I own a 1956 VW beetle ( yeah some of you might say, ok... I'm out...which is ok). it is exactly that. a one owner, og paint, og engine, og interior, rustfree, even the wheels and hubcaps are still og and date matching to the car. I even still have the first ever factory delivered set of tires along with the newly purchased whitewalls. local car, always been in a 5 mile radius of where sold new. it is a solid driver and would start up and go for hundreds of miles anywhere, anytime. This Christmas I inspected the (expensive) 6V battery ( always stored out of car), only to find it cracked and blown up after 2.5 years since purchased new. because I haven't driven that baby in 1-1/2 years....so I am at lack of words for my own stupidity of owning cherry cars, that I don't even drive. what do you guys think ?

hiball3985

That is one mint bug, I understand not wanting to drive it. I've only owned one, a 65 still 6V. I was passed down from my Dad when he bought a VW camper. 40,000 mile Calif car all original. I gave it to the wife to drive but she never liked it because it reminded her of her first car that was a Karmann Gia. I sold it like a dumb ass, another car I should have kept  :005:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Doubt anybody here would say they're "out" on any car of that vintage in that shape. I love it. That small back window definitely brings back memories of when those bugs started taking over the roads in the US.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Marc

That's a beautiful bug! If it were mine I'd probably be making up excuses to drive it everyday. My concern these days though is not so much racking up the mileage, but rather the hordes of inattentive 20-somethings trying to text, take selfies, check their facebook, and do their makeup while driving.

Ecode70D

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2021-01-12 18:39
Maybe I'm the odd guy Rich, but I WOULD drive it, then again, I drive all my vehicles. After all, isn't that why we build or buy them?

Cobra Joe does drive his beautiful cars and he didn't have to bribe me to make that statement.  . 

59meteor

The only VW I ever owned was a 1966 1300 Beetle back in the early 70s, didn`t take long to decide I NEVER wanted to drive another VW again! O0. As for the wagon, certainly appears to be a beauty, but I see no harm in driving it on nice days, but as a daily driver, racking up the miles , and addressing the mechanical issues sure to arise with a almost 65 year old original car, would soon affect it`s "survivor" status, I am afraid.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

CobraJoe

They were made to drive and we are only here on the God forsaken marble for only so long. It's our hobby and passion so why not enjoy it. IDK about you guys, but looking at them sitting in a garage does me absolutely no good.
It's like the guys who race vintage race cars like Ferraris and Cobras, I used to think they were nuts, but as i got older, I realized you don't keep a race horse locked up in a stable; they were made to run.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

djfordmanjack

Definitely second your opinion, Joe. BUT....

the saying is correct. they are only original once.
And once they are worn, we all know how much money and efforts it costs to restore back to presentable condition.

Those guys in the vintage race cars are big money boys. Which is ok. for them. if they crash they have it restored. Again, that is ok, because other guys can make their living from that.
But for the average collector, like probably most of us on here, its hard work and even finding the time to properly clean a survivor car is becoming a menace to me personally. you can't take it to the car wash, you don't want to simply wipe it down with modern solvents or a Duster. you can't really just sit on the original upholstery (if cloth). You may not want to take it out for a longer summer drive, in case you got in a shower, the sun came back out and the water drops would leave burn stains on that enamel or laquer paint.....so, imho, even if we want to drive and use such cars. they come with a huge burdon as well. This is just my personal observation. To me og paint survivors are the most desirable, but least fun cars. This is crazy I know.
Probably, if money and space would not be an issue, I would want some of my favorite cars (34/57 Fords,an early 1950s bug. one each) in said mint survivor condition in a big hallway next to my living room, so I could look at them and enjoy them all the time. then I would want EXACTLY the same cars in restored or driver condition over in the garage. I dont know.... :003:

hiball3985

I agree G, it is crazy. Every time I hit the road it's a roll of the dice. If it gets wrecked I can't afford to have some one else fix it and I'm getting to old to do it myself. I just can't own a 57 and not drive it. I don't know what I would do if I owned an all original car, but that will never happen so I don't have to worry about it  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

This is insane. Just when we thought it was too good to be true, another one comes up. this time even a Del Rio ! There hasnt been a Del Rio advertised in a year or so !!!
This one is more like driver quality car that I wouldn't hesitate taking out. It also has all the factory delivered cargo flooring, albeit in a slightly more used condition. but it's still all there. Red is not my personal favorite, but this is a great og paint survivor car. solid color DelRio and flame red interior....stunning !

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164643288464?ul_noapp=true