incredible low milage original tan/white 4dr Country sedan wagon on ebay

Started by djfordmanjack, 2021-01-12 15:45

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Thats my kind of car. My new Y block engine is looking for a home. It' will be interesting to see how high the bidding goes. Only dislike for me is the auto trans.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Günter
     X2 what Jim said.

Now you found the one that I really like because it is a 2dr.   For now, the automatic wouldn't bother me.  I have everything needed to make it standard shift with the shifter on  the column.  I would leave the automatic rear gears in it though. , 
     I would also have to be about 5 or 10 years younger with less obligations.
      It doesn't cost anything to dream.
Jay

rmk57

Nice clean, original paint Del Rio like this should be able to fetch 35k. If it were mine I wouldn't take any less for it, but if it were mine I wouldn't be selling it either. Great vehicle to travel and see the country in. You could even look into towing a vintage trailer, something an Airstream, Bambi would be perfect.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

CobraJoe

Insure them for stated value and drive the crap out of 'em.
I'm getting to old to look at stuff and not drive it and then only have my family sell it off for pennies on the dollar after I'm gone just so they can have the cash.
Life is short, and this thing we do and love.... well face it fellas, we are a dying breed; kids today don't want all this old iron, they want Jap-Crap, so enjoy while we still can drive.   :002:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

alvin stadel

Joe you are so right, I have been saying this for a long time. I hope to sell 2 or 3 more this coming summer.

SkylinerRon

How did the factory paint stamp get over top of the dealer sticker?

I'm not a wgn owner but, was the white band across the dash not on wgns?

A lot of fastners are wrong also.

I heard D.Carpenter is repopping the brown cargo area covering.

Ron.

geraldchainsaw

your abs right,   in your last remark  cobra joe

CobraJoe

Do you think it might just be bleeding through the dealer sticker, as it looks more like one of those water transfer stickers??? IDK, just a thought....

But yeah, like we said, we need to drive the $hit out of 'em! My dad used to say, enjoy it while you can, we're dead a long time...
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

hiball3985

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2021-01-31 16:44
Do you think it might just be bleeding through the dealer sticker, as it looks more like one of those water transfer stickers??? IDK, just a thought....

But yeah, like we said, we need to drive the $hit out of 'em! My dad used to say, enjoy it while you can, we're dead a long time...
X2.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

Ron, as you know, the check stamps were actually that, paint stamped on the factory paint. not like the available repro stickers.
so the og check stamps you can actually literally feel with your finger. I can imagine that decades have made the stamp showing in the overlaying dealer decal. that detail looked so convincing on the tan one. None of my wagons had a two tone dash ( white panel insert). they were solid colored and the wagon above looks oem correct. What hardware are you referring to ?

I was looking at all the miscellaneous Philips slot screws in the cargo area and had the impression it all looked very original. those are the 'panhead'(?) Philips slot screws holding the corners of the Linoleum flooring.
I don't know about the availability of the lining material though.
Again, we cannot speak for the car or seller, unless anybody has seen it in person in the meantime. Listing has ended, so we don't know if it sold online or not. also the red Del Rio was also ended early and probably sold in person. Both wagons were impressive looking in the ads !

lalessi1

Regarding the two tone dash... My Fairline 500 had a two tone dash, the same colors as the two toned exteriors (as I remember?). Since the wagon is a single color....

Lynn

59meteor

Concerning the dashboard color, I have not seen any 57 wagon, Sedan Delivery, or Custom model with a 2 tone dash. I always thought that was only done on the Fairline series models. Furthermore, the 116" wheelbase cars came with a limited number of dash colors, both my 57 Sedan Deliveries and my 57 Custom, all had gray dashboards, as does my 59 Tudor. The Fairlane models had more color choices it seems.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

djfordmanjack

I had the same impression of the two tone dash being limited to the Fairlane models. I find it interesting though, that in the (painted) 57 wagon only brochure there are several illustrations showing a two tone dash. It's interesting that they introduced that in the bruchure, but maybe never offered to the public or hardly any ordered that way. Very interesting detail !

RICH MUISE

I believe the final selling price, or at least the highest bid, was 38,000.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2021-02-02 09:04
I believe the final selling price, or at least the highest bid, was 38,000.
Like W C Fields use to say, " never give a sucker an even break "  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang