News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Christmas tree/decorations

Started by Limey57, 2014-11-30 15:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

About 20 years ago we were invited over to one of my wife's friends a few days after Thanksgiving. One of those invites you'd like to get out of as they were a bit beyond peculiar specially when together. The wives went off to her music room and had a great time,  was left with the husband watching a football game.All he could talk about was the origin (country) of players name. Was actually glad that about halftime whatever he was drinking put him to sleep.His snoring was welcome.

But back to the subject of Christmas decorations. On his tree were some antique German candle holders. Family heirlooms according to him. Now I've see them before but never had seen them with actually lit candles. Spooked the heck out of me. Visions of the tree turning into a Roman candle right next to me haunted my thoughts.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Limey57

My step-mother is German and has a German Christmas decoration that is like a candle-powered carousel, similar to the one below.  They work by the candle heat rising and turning the blades which makes everything go round, quite unusual.

Gary

1957 Ranchero

Jeff Norwell

Zap, I have a friend who is of German decent, and they do the lit candles on a tress as well.
No Thanks.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Zapato

Quote from: Limey57 on 2014-12-03 14:02
My step-mother is German and has a German Christmas decoration that is like a candle-powered carousel, similar to the one below.  They work by the candle heat rising and turning the blades which makes everything go round, quite unusual.

These show up a Christmas Bazaars all the time, we have a similar but smaller version made of brass with angels and can't remember what else circling around. We stopped using it years ago as our cats were fascinated by it and would jump on the mantle to check it out. Recipe for disaster.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72