News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Interesting event

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2015-02-14 08:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Went see American Sniper yesterday.  Theater was 1/2 - 3/4 full, (3PM showing), very moving film.  What stuck me was this is the first movie I have ever been to that as the credits were rolling not a sound could be heard except some weeping nor did a single person get up to leave.  The theater remained dark and quiet for a solid five  (or so it seemed) minutes before the first couple got up to exit.

As a military member (now retired 22 years), deployed eight times in 30 years, supported SEALs in Nam in 67, Lebanon, Libya and the Gulf War the movie did an excellent job with the impact going in harms way has on the family and the individual.  I was just moved by the film and had to share it with you guys......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

junior58

Clare and I went to see the movie recently (here in NZ), and the same happened at the end. It is the first time I have experienced anything like it, not a soul stirred until the house lights came up and all the credits were over. Even as people filed out, all conversation was very muted. A very moving experience, with the showing of genuine footage at the end having a massive impact. Well down to Clint Eastwood and co for telling the story like that.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

Jeff Norwell

saw it as well Bill,Same experience.Nobody usher a word,everyone was in complete silence.
Excellent film.I highly recommend it.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Zapato

I have trouble watching war movies specially in theaters. They always stir up memories and then find myself having disturbing dreams for a couple weeks. Would think after 42+ years it wouldn't be this way but some times a screw comes loose that can never be tightened. But if its really as you guys say it is will have to head down one afternoon and see it.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ford Blue blood

Zap "Lone Survivor" was the first film about modern war (stuff I/we were subjected to) and it did not give me any issues.  Been many years since the middle of the night sweats have hit me.  I'm happy to say it and Sniper did not hit the button.  Worth the risk IMHO.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II