News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

The Power Of The Forum

Started by petew, 2015-03-30 07:32

Previous topic - Next topic

petew

I have been looking for a nice 50 or 51 Ford and after checking all of the usual internet spots for months finally found what I was looking for ( real nice 51 )2600 miles away in California.

I have communicated back and forth with Ron Warthen on the forum regarding his 57 wagon and knew he was from California, As luck would have it he lives one hour from where this 51 is located and volunteered to go have a look for me.
He took several hours out of his Saturday to check the car out for me and give me an almost professional appraisal of the car,complete with pictures. As a result of his kind act I have purchased the car will be looking forward to it's arrival. He also refused to let me pay him for his time. We have some good people here !

Pete

Limey57

I'll second that, if it wasn't for this place I'd still be banging my head against a wall trying to figure out "where does this go?" and 101 other questions.  This place really does seem to have the right mix of helpful people.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

good Job Ron. Good of you to do that for Pete. What's Ron's forum name/tag?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2015-03-31 07:52
good Job Ron. Good of you to do that for Pete. What's Ron's forum name/tag?

Yup, he deserves a couple of atta boys for that!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

geraldchainsaw

last year i sold a 51 ford, 2 door, custom,  for 10 grand, on fclassic cars fror sale,  to a guy in Kentucky,  and i'm in
Detroit area,  everything worked,  overdrive, a fresh 239 flathead, stick,  i just wasn't driving it any more,  to many other cars,  it was the 1st car i restored,  i'll show a picture.    jerry

Zapato

Gerry, nice collection and the Mach 1 really gets my blood boiling looks better than new. Was a junior in high school when they came out. That was an incredible year for the Big 3 automakers. You in my opinion have the cream of the crop.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

petew

Ron's forum name is Ron .

petew

Quote from: geraldchainsaw on 2015-03-31 09:00
last year i sold a 51 ford, 2 door, custom,  for 10 grand, on fclassic cars fror sale,  to a guy in Kentucky,  and i'm in
Detroit area,  everything worked,  overdrive, a fresh 239 flathead, stick,  i just wasn't driving it any more,  to many other cars,  it was the 1st car i restored,  i'll show a picture.    jerry

Well sir had I known then I may have been a buyer. The car I'm getting is pretty nice and is a three time Dearborn Award winner.
Ron noted some minor problems but overall it seems to be a quality car.