News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Boston Marathon bomber guilty

Started by Ecode70D, 2015-04-09 03:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

He needs to rot in jail for the rest of his life!  Let him find out about boys and girls in the "system"!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2015-04-21 20:36
   Today 04/21/15 they started the sentencing trial and we were greeted with a middle finger salute by the convicted bomber .  They have the actual picture of him giving everyone the finger but did not post it.    The TV only showed an artist's version.   

You mean this Jay?
I find it so strange, years ago,I tried to emigrate to the U.S. with out success.Then we have these two POS that get into the US,get Free educations,having a shot at a total dream.Then turn around and spit upon the US.After Killing and Maiming innocents,then found guilty.
It boggles my mind.

I agree,let him rot in gen pop federal prison.

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

hiball3985

The problem is Fed prisons are more like Hotels compared to State. Not many hard core types make it to Fed. Fed prisons house mostly white collar types for things like tax evasion, etc. from what I understand.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

Agreed...except there is a Fed prison in CO (I think) for the hard core felons, might be one in KS too.....have to look it up.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

Thats good to know, I wasn't aware of that one in Colorado. You just don't here much about Fed prisons in the media.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2015-04-22 06:09
You mean this Jay?
Then we have these two POS that get into the US,get Free educations,having a shot at a total dream.Then turn around and spit upon the US.After Killing and Maiming innocents,then found guilty.
It boggles my mind.

That's the thing that keeps going through my mind.  The United States let his family come over here and gave them a free ride. This is how they thanked us. 

petew

This one of the many things happening in our country that defy common sense. It seems that our leaders moral compasses and ability to determine right from wrong have gone by the wayside.
After 33 years in law enforcement (now retired) I find myself unable to watch or listen to the news without getting a stomach ache .
So I spend my time in the garage with old cars listening to satellite radio, things make more sense in that environment .

Ecode70D

Quote from: petew on 2015-04-28 11:10

After 33 years in law enforcement (now retired) I find myself unable to watch or listen to the news without getting a stomach ache .

Petew  It looks like we both picked honorable professions and have had occasion to see the best and worst conditions.   FWIW ... Last week his family arrived from ''over there'' and booked themselves into a hotel just on the outskirts of Boston so they could be here for the sentencing and also will have something to say on his behalf at the trial.  The hotel was getting swarmed by media and people making cancellations on bookings.   The family was  taken away to a secret place.  I wonder who is paying for that?  His mother was supposed to come here also but apparently didn't because there is a  shoplifting warrant on her.   It was also said that she skipped out on her bail.

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

alvin stadel

I really don't see why this guy and the goof-ball in Col, are still breathing air at our expense. Our main shop building here in Columbus Mt. was the site of one of the last hangings in Mt. we have renovated all the building except where the gallows were set up. This man killed a man & his wife in Oct. of 1937, they knew he did it, had his trail in Dec. of 1937 and he was hung the middle of Jan. 1938. over and done with, no appeals got what he diserved. If it is known that they are guilty and will never be productive to our society they need to go away. I'm sure every lawyer in the country would disagree with me, but thats my take on the whole damn mess.

petew

Alvin, if you decide to run for president you have my vote.....

Zapato

My family came here in 1960-61 from Cuba, dad left first with a death warrant on his head on trumped charges by the Castro bunch. Us kids (10) and mom followed him in 1961 thanks to the then British Ambassador to Cuba. On our first night dad held a family meeting where he expressed his expectations from us. First off he told us how lucky we were that a generous country had allowed us to seek shelter here and how grateful he and we should be that we ''the Enriquez family'' was now reunited. Next he stated he expected our best behavior at all times and 100+% effort in all our activities. Nothing new there that was standard fare in our house. But he gave a new reason that we as new immigrants/refugees had to serve as examples for the American public so that the door would not be shut for other Cubans that would surely follow. We weren't always angels but we didn't stray far from his expectations. Five earned college degress, 3 served in the armed forces myself a NAM vet and my youngest brother USArmy special forces airborne Ranger. Not one of us ever disgraced our parents, our family or our country of birth or later choice by our actions. Won't speak for my siblings but it really wasn't all that hard to do.

I never really understood the commandment ''Honor thy father and mother'' till one day talking with a young Vietnamese Buddhist apprentice that I was training. His take and now mine was ,and he prayed for this every morning, was that thru all his actions that day he would bring no shame to his family. And he not only prayed for that but lived it. If only more would follow his example a better world would be ours.

Sadly there are many things wrong with our country today but anyone with 2 eyes and a clear mind will have to look hard to find a better place to live. Some just don't get it.

Zapato- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Limey57

Quote from: Zapato on 2015-05-18 01:06

I never really understood the commandment ''Honor thy father and mother'' till one day talking with a young Vietnamese Buddhist apprentice that I was training. His take and now mine was ,and he prayed for this every morning, was that thru all his actions that day he would bring no shame to his family. And he not only prayed for that but lived it. If only more would follow his example a better world would be ours.

Sadly there are many things wrong with our country today but anyone with 2 eyes and a clear mind will have to look hard to find a better place to live. Some just don't get it.

Zapato- :unitedstates:

So true, so very very true..... 
Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

Well said ZapAto, and well done by your family. Lots of reasons for Americans to be proud of families like yours. It gets back to the idea of immigrants intergrating into our society as one.
The hard part for me to grasp, getting back to the thread title, is the fact that the two Boston bomber brothers made their family proud also. It seems like in recent years "I pledge allegiance..." has gone by the wayside with many immigrants. Shame on our government/politicians/immigration department for easing up on that standard.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2015-05-18 06:37
The hard part for me to grasp, getting back to the thread title, is the fact that the two Boston bomber brothers made their family proud also.

Rich, to me its pretty simple to understand. You cannot think from your personal frame of reference. We all have a personal unique to each one ''honor code''. Mine while probably similar to yours in some areas is still different even from my siblings.Our code constantly develops and starts by my thinking from our first life giving breath and ends with that last final one. In mine wars are fought by armies and making war on civilian populations is disgraceful. Yet, its become the world standard pretty much since WW2. Make no mistake in thinking, we are at war and those bombers are at war with us and our way of life. So to their families their actions are honorable. My personal belief is that we didn't take Dwight Eisenhower seriously when he warned us about the power and corruption he saw in the military industrial complex here at home. We have been at war all over the world almost continously for over 75 years. Not sure if we're now in WW3 or if WW2 ever really ended. One thing that really scares me is when politicians start ranting and wrapping themselves in their countries' flags. When that happens we soon start burying our children. Don't misunderstand me I do believe we need a strong military for our national protection yet don't believe its fitting to use it quarantee profits for companies such as United Fruit or Air America among others. Many years ago listened to a speaker outlining the steps governments use to convince their countries to wage wars. Foremost is to ''demonize'' the enemy. With Sadamm he was Hitler personified and lies were added right and left and before we knew it young boys and girls were coming home in boxes. And we'll never get a straight answer. If my thinking is right we all need to wonder (and fear) why we spend so much time ''egging on'' North Korea and making kissy face with Cuba. Is NK our next battlefield? I hope not for our children's sake.

So to answer your question Rich, Honor and Pride are as multifaceted as there are people walking the earth. And please don't get me started with ''moral code''.

Zap- :unitedstates:

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72