News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Brake and Fuel Line Location?

Started by KYBlueOval, 2016-05-27 05:49

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

Could someone here on the Forum,  please show me, or tell me, where the brake and fuel lines come up and into the engine compartment. It appears to me that as the lines run down the outside of the left side of the frame, they should go up and over the frame, between the first and second "outside" body mounts on my Ranchero, and then follow along the top of the frame,into the engine compartment.
What issues do I need to consider relative to these lines and the inner fender, firewall etc.. This is not a restoration project, so I can put them where ever. All of my front end sheet metal is in storage , so I have no reference points.
Thank you for your help!
John

Ford Blue blood

John both the brake and fuel lines run along the frame rail to just under the steering boz.  The gas line runs up to between the box and the spring pocket, over the rail and forward again.  There is a clip on the spring pocket that secures the fuel line there.  The brake line runs up to a junction block on the frame bracket for the flex line.  The junction block there is fed from the master, the right side line ties in there as well.  The right side line runs along the back side of the cross member and then up and over the rail to the flex line.  The right side line is held to the cross member with three clips.  Hope this helps.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

lowrider

FWIW. If you have a 6cyl vehicle the fuel line runs along the right side frame rail.

KYBlueOval

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2016-05-27 07:31
John both the brake and fuel lines run along the frame rail to just under the steering boz.  The gas line runs up to between the box and the spring pocket, over the rail and forward again.  There is a clip on the spring pocket that secures the fuel line there.  The brake line runs up to a junction block on the frame bracket for the flex line.  The junction block there is fed from the master, the right side line ties in there as well.  The right side line runs along the back side of the cross member and then up and over the rail to the flex line.  The right side line is held to the cross member with three clips.  Hope this helps.
Thanks

KYBlueOval

Quote from: lowrider on 2016-05-27 10:44
FWIW. If you have a 6cyl vehicle the fuel line runs along the right side frame rail.

Thank you as well.