News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford parts liquidation

Started by gasman826, 2012-03-02 12:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom S

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2013-02-02 16:04It looks different.
Got a good pic of one?  Wonder how much different they could be.  Can't find a good pic of a '57 one but I have a '56 one in a car.  In the snow.  In the woods.  In the dark.  Probably some big pissed off moose hangin' around in there too.                   

Ford Blue blood

Here ya go Tom....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Tom S

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2013-02-04 07:53Here ya go Tom....
I take it that that is not the steering wheel on your car.
Edit: Oops!  Sorry, Blue, thought I was responding to Ecode.
Like the other dark pix I have seen I can not make out the detail of the ribs on the spokes. Except for the horn button I expected those wheels to be very much the same as the '56 ones   But that little kink in the spokes just below those ribs?  Hmm ...  that don't look right.

Well, you, (Ecode), forced me to go out in the woods in the snow & dark to see again what that poor old rusting away, plain Jane '56 Ford Ranch Wagon's steering wheel looked like.
Wasn't confronted by any big pissed off moose though.     

Yup, no kink in the spokes.  Oh, well.

Frankenstein57

Looks like nature is beginning to take over on that car :clock:

rlibew

Do you have any good front fender tip pot metal horse shoe pieces. I need good ones with mounting studs
I would like to chrome them, I have two that can be repairedand glued in place

gasman826

No, all I have are glue or stud repair quality.

BBoswell

I'm new to the forum and late to the party but thought I'd check anyway. Any chance you have a pair of arm rests?

gasman826

Sure!  I have a couple of pairs.  I'll look 'em up and take pictures.  They're NOT grey.

poppy4198

I need a speedometer head for a '57 ford, do you have one, and how much shipped to 75426.  thanks, Michael

gasman826

What I said about the arm rests...forget it.  I have four arm rests...not two pair and one IS grey.
There are two '57 arm rests but they are both for the right side...one willow and the other light blue.
There is a pair of charcoal grey (right and left) but they are not '57.  The screw spacing is correct so they will fit BUT ARE NOT '57.

I have one instrument cluster left.  I took it out of a dash this morning.  I tested the speedo and odometer.  I also tested the constant voltage relay (gauge regulator) and both gauges.  Every thing works.  I can not guarantee the accuracy but they pass bench tests.  No harness.  Dirty.  Not very good chrome.  These have recently sold on eBay for $25-65 shipped, untested, unrestored.  $30 shipped First Class to your door.  PM me for PayPal account ID or US POSTAL money order.

Tom S

Gasman, the blue & green ones sure look like left armrests to me!  The ribs go toward the front.
I have seen some pix here where someone had them mounted on the wrong sides.
I would be happy to trade you a a right side armrest for one of those.  They are about in the same shape as yours.  One green, one black.

57chero

You are correct the 57,s are left side.

jrw429

Quote from: gasman826 on 2013-06-02 11:58
What I said about the arm rests...forget it.  I have four arm rests...not two pair and one IS grey.
There are two '57 arm rests but they are both for the right side...one willow and the other light blue.
There is a pair of charcoal grey (right and left) but they are not '57.  The screw spacing is correct so they will fit BUT ARE NOT '57.

I have one instrument cluster left.  I took it out of a dash this morning.  I tested the speedo and odometer.  I also tested the constant voltage relay (gauge regulator) and both gauges.  Every thing works.  I can not guarantee the accuracy but they pass bench tests.  No harness.  Dirty.  Not very good chrome.  These have recently sold on eBay for $25-65 shipped, untested, unrestored.  $30 shipped First Class to your door.  PM me for PayPal account ID or US POSTAL money order.

I'll shoot you a PM for the instrument cluster. Thanks.

Any idea on chances of success for dyeing the plastic on an armrest? Mine is in great shape, except the inner attachment part is broken. So I have no armrest on the driver's side back door.  :(

gasman

Hi guys  :

How much for the driver side fender tip horse shoe piece

Gibbo

Hi, do you have a set of wipers for a hardtop? Would need to be posted to Australia.