News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Kick panel retainer

Started by rovohn, 2019-06-28 09:23

Previous topic - Next topic

rovohn

Hey folks
I'm looking for a driver side kick panel retainer for my '57,anyone have a spare they can part with?
Thanks,John :canada:
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery

rovohn

Any condition will do
John :canada:
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery

rovohn

'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery

glenmichael

I received mine from Roger, who lives in Kansas. I?m still unpacking not sure where my car books are, his number is here somewhere. He sent me a nice part for 20.00 and postage...

RICH MUISE

He's listed in our listing of salvage yards known to have '57 fords. Look under "Kansas". I've been there.
If your doing custom kickpanels, you don't really need them. I gave mine away years ago. A stock oem look, yes.
Iirc, years ago, one of the members, Gasman I think, noted that the bottoms were the same as the tops, and since it's the bottoms that usually are rusted out, one could be made welding two top halves together.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

After messing with windlace and kick panels, I believe the retainers not only support the kick panels but also the windlace.  The windlace takes a beating no matter how care people enter and leave the car.  I think a good fitting retainer helps keep the windlace proud and sealed against the closed door.

PIC:  repaired retainers by sacrificing the tops off an extra, rusted set

If a tack strip is substituted for OEM fasteners, the retainers will not fit properly.  The pictured retainers are with the other car in upholstery jail and I have another set for the Raunch Wagon.  Both cars have tack strip which means I will likely not be using either set of retainers.  I'm looking at using extruded aluminum channel to secure the kick panels and support the windlace.