Visit to Edelbrock Factory Saturday & Car Show on Sunday

Started by 57AGIN, 2013-05-02 13:36

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

Guys:

I signed up for a pretty unique opportunity this weekend, On Saturday I'm going to the Edelbrock factory to take a tour through the factory where my heads, cam, intake manifold, water pump, etc. was made.  Interesting also is the fact that I was born in Torrance, CA and when I was a kid I lived within a quarter mile of the current location of the factory.  I used to dig fox holes and shoot BB guns & my bow & arrows in what was then nothing but a wide open field. 

On Sunday Edelbrock hosts a very nice car show Rev'dUp4Kidz at their other location in Torrance, CA.  I'll shoot some photos and hopefully see one or two other 57's at the show.

Bob
57 AGIN

RICH MUISE

Sounds like a great tour. While you are there, see what you can find out about their "bright finish" they have available on their products. I think I read somewhere where it is a patended process. I have no idea what it is, but sure looks awesome. I'm curious if they do outside finishing of that process..doubtful, but sure would be nice.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

BWhitmore

I understand that the finish is similar to powder coat.  I read this some where. 

57AGIN

Guys:

I'll check it out.  IMHO it is almost too bright, different from both chrome & polished aluminum.

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

Guys:

Sorry for the delay in responding to this thread, been pretty busy.  The Shop tour was great and I got to see where and how the Edelbrock parts are designed, fabricated, tested, manufactured and finished.  It is quite a sophisticated set up.  The really bright shine on Intake Manifolds, Carburetors, etc. is a process they call Endurashine.  It is a special coating they designed that is (I believe baked on, like a ceramic type of coating, but different???)  When this was being described I was busy trying to focus my camera and get some photos for you to see.  Most of their products are manufactured by hundreds of C&C Machines as they go from one stage of production to another and then on to final assembly.

I had thought that they manufactured the Edelbrock Cams, too.  They don't, currently they get their cams produced by Comp Cams.  How about that.  Anyway, I came away from the tour with a considerably higher opinion of the quality and care they take with their products, than I started with.  And I already had a high opinion of them to start with.

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

Guys:

Here are a few photos from the day of the Car Show.  I got to the show real early and managed to get a really prime parking spot, right at the entrance to Vic Edlebrock Jr's. Auto Museum where many of his father's, his, and his wife's cars, and Crissy & Cammies cars are kept.  I also took photos of all of the 57's at the show, of which there were four of us.

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

Guys:

There was plenty to see at this show with lots of great cars, vendors and the dragsters.  I especially liked the NASCAR display of Fred Lorenzen's 65 Galaxie.

Bob
57 AGIN

RICH MUISE

Benter's Fairlane is just outstanding. Thanks for the info and the pics. Is that the Edelbrock factory we see in the dragsters pic?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57AGIN

Rich:

No, that is just another industrial building across the street from where Edelbrock has his 10,000 sq. ft. personal Auto Museum.  His factory is about half a mile to the West across a major North-South street, Crenshaw Blvd.  His factory is due South of the Mobil Gas refinery in Torrance, CA.  I'll be going back to Torrance in a week or so and I'll take some external photos of where we took the tour.  I attached a map showing the general area.

Bob
57 AGIN